MotoGP 2019

Some Bigoltool, couple questions for you:

1. Where is the air foil fairings going? Will they become flyable (movable) to get downforce when needed but not cut top speed? Were these appendages a reaction to the spec ECU's that don't allow electronic solutions to anti-wheelie? Also will this technology make it to the street?

2. I read a report in FB magazine that the problem with the Yamaha has been tracked to a crankshaft that is too light? Apparently the spec electronics are not able to monitor this with the quickness of the crank. Any thoughts? Seems Yamaha is coming back with pretty much the same package that was a big failure last year(s).

Some Bigoltool, couple questions for you:

1. Where is the air foil fairings going? Will they become flyable (movable) to get downforce when needed but not cut top speed? Were these appendages a reaction to the spec ECU's that don't allow electronic solutions to anti-wheelie? Also will this technology make it to the street?

2. I read a report in FB magazine that the problem with the Yamaha has been tracked to a crankshaft that is too light? Apparently the spec electronics are not able to monitor this with the quickness of the crank. Any thoughts? Seems Yamaha is coming back with pretty much the same package that was a big failure last year(s).
Arch, in reference to the airfoils on the forks I honestly can't say. I do know that a cylinder such as a fork tube is one of the most inferior aerodynamic shapes, just because it's easy to punch a hole in the air with the leading edge, but really hard to get that air to rejoin smoothly at the trailing edge. Or they may actually be trying to direct airflow somewhere with them?

As far as the cranks being too light I'm not sure I buy into that one. The electronics should be more than capable of keeping up with a crankshafts rotation. They are spec ECU's so everyone has the same stuff in theory, just in how your managing it. I just can't honestly say what the issue is, but I do know Jarvis was trying to hire electronics engineers most of last season to get a grasp on it. Maverick had been really fast at this test so maybe they fixed it?

BTW these are the latest MotoGP Aerodynamic jigs. If. Bike wheels into this it passes!
Screenshot_20190208-072751.png
Screenshot_20190208-072805.png

Back