MotoGP 2019

The 2019 Suzuki just launched today.
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/912528/1/rins-wants-wins-suzuki-unveils-2019-livery
Screenshot_20190203-073125.png

I like the Telefonica as well, but that Rizla blue has always been a favorite.
The one thing that really jumped out at me going through these is the relative location of the clutch for the current inline fours (2015 to present) vs the old V4's (2011 and earlier) the clutch is so high and rearward now they have the frame cutout to fit around it.

The one thing that really jumped out at me going through these is the relative location of the clutch for the current inline fours (2015 to present) vs the old V4's (2011 and earlier) the clutch is so high and rearward now they have the frame cutout to fit around it.
I hadn't noticed that, but going back through them I see what you're saying. Wonder what the reasoning is? Street inline fours have the clutch in a conventional location.

I hadn't noticed that, but going back through them I see what you're saying. Wonder what the reasoning is? Street inline fours have the clutch in a conventional location.
Likely the shafts are stacked vertically in the cases to make the thing more compact longitudinally.

I still don't understand why that would necessitate the clutch higher....but I'm not an engineer by any means.
Here is a quick Article (if you can get past all the !@#$%#$ Harley ads!) about stacked shafts.
https://www.cycleworld.com/have-you...rn-sportbikes-have-such-high-mounted-clutches
The Hayabusa (first picture) has the shafts mounted one behind the other, where on most modern liter bikes (GSXR1000 in second pic) they are stacked on top of one another like the Current Suzuki GP bike.
GSX1300RA_CG_Engine.jpg
0c6cf6686aec2eaa25c342cb1dc2a077.jpg

I'm going to guess MM was taking it slow on that fixed shoulder. Looks like some of the young guys might be pushing forward, which is good. We need more race winners to make thing more competitive. If MM can win half the races nobody will ever be able to race with him!

I'm going to guess MM was taking it slow on that fixed shoulder. Looks like some of the young guys might be pushing forward, which is good. We need more race winners to make thing more competitive. If MM can win half the races nobody will ever be able to race with him!
Yes he has been limited at the test. Sounds like Bradl has been doing most of the Donkey work. Honda have been working on new motor spec that Marquez said was faster on top but lost a little control exiting corners so they've been working on softening that up some to try and find middle ground.

Back