MotoGP 2019

I’d like to see the return of pit stops instead of switching bikes to continue racing. What other form of motor sports allows this?:confused:

Anyone ever watch the Erzberg rodeo? Pretty much the toughest motorcycle race on the planet. That would be awesome to see those guys switching bikes for the different sections.

New SRT Petronas colors. Morbidellis bike shown. This is the new Yamaha Satellite team now that Tech3 is KTM's.
Screenshot_20190128-071112.png

I'd be curious at how today's riders (professional racers) would fare on those 500's from back then. I honestly don't think some of them are physically big enough.

This will sound a bit nuts but I thought the same thing while watching the video. No traction, wheelie, launch control-what would they do?

This will sound a bit nuts but I thought the same thing while watching the video. No traction, wheelie, launch control-what would they do?
Crash spectacularly, like the rest of us would....
Racers, both car and bike, of those eras were very different than now. Skill is still required at elite racing levels, but the skill set necessary to be a champion has changed drastically. You need to be able to read a chassis still, but rather than bend it to your will as back then, you need to be able to tell the engineers how to improve it.

Crash spectacularly, like the rest of us would....
Racers, both car and bike, of those eras were very different than now. Skill is still required at elite racing levels, but the skill set necessary to be a champion has changed drastically. You need to be able to read a chassis still, but rather than bend it to your will as back then, you need to be able to tell the engineers how to improve it.
Rossi rode those 500cc 2-smokers. He's ridden most all of the major versions of MotoGP bikes. I seem to recall him saying they were crazy beasts but he liked racing them.

Back