MotoGP 2019

I watched some of the MotoE bikes and their best lap times were ten seconds slower than the GP bikes. Competition seemed close, probably almost entirely due to rider skill over bike differences. I also noticed what appeared to be an ABS rotor on the front wheels. Sounds too like there’s at least one female rider. Funny, the only noise is the motor whine, like a generator firing up or a fast elevator taking off. :laugh:

Wow, Zarco sacked by KTM today. To be replaced by Mika Kallio for rest of season. He really pissed off the KTM boys.

To make things worse, he is to remain under contract for the duration. So he can't even go to another team. Zarco must have seriously wronged someone at KTM...

by Mat Oxley
2019 MotoGP San Marino Grand Prix: Will Quartararo take Márquez's crown?

marquez_quartararo.jpg

I rewatched the last lap of the San Marino race and replayed MMs pass. There was blue smoke coming from his left boot as he braked into the corner. Looked like he intentionally slowed up as well which caused Fabio to lose pace. They almost collided. Cool seeing smoke from his boot and watching practice today I saw smoke from Mir’s boot as he braked for a turn. Both of them looked like a MotoX move not a MotoGP move. Wasn’t the leg out supposed to be mostly for balance and ‘wind’ braking? :laugh:

I rewatched the last lap of the San Marino race and replayed MMs pass. There was blue smoke coming from his left boot as he braked into the corner. Looked like he intentionally slowed up as well which caused Fabio to lose pace. They almost collided. Cool seeing smoke from his boot and watching practice today I saw smoke from Mir’s boot as he braked for a turn. Both of them looked like a MotoX move not a MotoGP move. Wasn’t the leg out supposed to be mostly for balance and ‘wind’ braking? :laugh:
MM brake checked FQ thats it, if it were Dovi etc there they would've known whats coming and simply rode around MM and won like the last 2 races :D

I see MM didnt go out in FP3 at Aragon, i suppose he's got it well covered and didnt need risking going out.

The Yamaha big boss's were there today....to see their bloke ride the wheels off the M1 only to watch it getting absolutely smoked down the straights.....hope that stirs them up to get the bike some HP.

Great ride from JM fairly level headed race and a well desreved 3rd.

No one was ever going to pressure Marquez this weekend. He was miles ahead of everyone all weekend. Kinda takes the fun out of it. I was hoping someone could take the fight to him like Rins at Siverstone or Quartararo at Misano, but he was just too much this weekend. Big Props to Miller for putting up the good fight!

To make things worse, he is to remain under contract for the duration. So he can't even go to another team. Zarco must have seriously wronged someone at KTM...

Press is hinting Red Bull wouldn't block any opportunity that might come Zarco's way while still under contract - a safe bet, IMO, that those opps will be few

Danilo Petrucci must be feeling the pressure cause he's on the 1 year self imposed contract , JM is getting better results and if he continues will surely tie up the Factory bike ahead of DP.

I’m tired of Rossi not being on the podium and his team (Yamaha Inc) being slower than non factory Yamahas. Could it be that Rossi is finally (just) a top ten finisher no matter which bike he rides?

I’m tired of Rossi not being on the podium and his team (Yamaha Inc) being slower than non factory Yamahas. Could it be that Rossi is finally (just) a top ten finisher no matter which bike he rides?
Rossi is at least as fast as Dovi, and Dovi is alone in the number 2 spot. Rossi is not going to win with a dog of a bike, but he can win. Ironically, Rossi needs the Ducati now.

Back