MotoGP 2019

MM on pole
VR done good with second and JM rounding up the front row at Silverstone.

All the riders are loving the track re surface and lap records broken across all the classes.

And the weather forecast looks good :banana:

MM on pole
VR done good with second and JM rounding up the front row at Silverstone.

All the riders are loving the track re surface and lap records broken across all the classes.

And the weather forecast looks good :banana:

Yeah, new track, three brands on the front row and what, was it all of .128 vs .568 between MM and Rossi? :laugh: The old man of forty did well.:bowdown:

BMW has no interest in running the spec ECU and being limited by cost control rules. If BMW could field the robot manufactured CF frame and their own ECU they would not only enter MotoGP but they would dominate it. People say the CF frame is next level even at the MotoGP level.

Personally I prefer the absolutely great racing in MotoGP now to going back to a truly open class.

Rins’ Suzuki wins by a wheel! What a finish! WTF happened to Rossi? He Qd 2nd, less than a half second behind MM but in a couple laps is passed by Rins and finishes nearly 12 seconds behind the winner. Then his teammate passes (and) runs away from him. WTH? What was the difference between the two Yamahas? And how is it that Honda consistently has 2-4 more hp than anyone else? Oh and Lorenzo finishes almost a full minute behind the lead bike? Hell I think I could finish a full minute behind the leaders! :laugh: Feel bad for Dovi. He had nowhere to go and I can’t remember the last time I saw a bike catch fire.

Heard both Dovi and Fabio had to be taken to the hospital with head injuries. Dovi had short term memory loss. Scary stuff! Anyway full credit and then some to Rins. He gave Marquez all he he could handle and then some today! Once Suzuki gives him a little more power that Suzuki will be a most desired weapon! As it is it is already the best handling machine in the paddock. Just losing out on acceleration and top speed a bit, Rins made up for that in the corners.

BMW has no interest in running the spec ECU and being limited by cost control rules. If BMW could field the robot manufactured CF frame and their own ECU they would not only enter MotoGP but they would dominate it. People say the CF frame is next level even at the MotoGP level.

Personally I prefer the absolutely great racing in MotoGP now to going back to a truly open class.

BMW dominate ??? fighting talk lol :beerchug:
The racing is good with the recent changes like ECU i likey :super:

Rins’ Suzuki wins by a wheel! What a finish! WTF happened to Rossi? He Qd 2nd, less than a half second behind MM but in a couple laps is passed by Rins and finishes nearly 12 seconds behind the winner. Then his teammate passes (and) runs away from him. WTH? What was the difference between the two Yamahas? And how is it that Honda consistently has 2-4 more hp than anyone else? Oh and Lorenzo finishes almost a full minute behind the lead bike? Hell I think I could finish a full minute behind the leaders! :laugh: Feel bad for Dovi. He had nowhere to go and I can’t remember the last time I saw a bike catch fire.
It was a great mugging by Alex :cool:! he almost stuffed it up cause he thought it was last lap the one before - going around the outside of Mark.

Rossi said the tyre was ok that his set up was'nt :banghead:

Honda had caught up its HP on the Dukes its been clearly obvious all year ? Suzuki are at the same point Honda were last year, they have the engine but just need that bit more hopefully Suzuki can extract the required amount needed for next year, it needs to be alot actually cause Honda & Ducati aint gonna sit around and be happy with their lot.

MotoE has had a few flammers :fire:

Heard both Dovi and Fabio had to be taken to the hospital with head injuries. Dovi had short term memory loss. Scary stuff! Anyway full credit and then some to Rins. He gave Marquez all he he could handle and then some today! Once Suzuki gives him a little more power that Suzuki will be a most desired weapon! As it is it is already the best handling machine in the paddock. Just losing out on acceleration and top speed a bit, Rins made up for that in the corners.
Fabio looked ok'ish as there was footage of him at the end of the race walking with a limp, Dovi was checked over at the hospital and discharged , no broken bits and flew home that night. Im sure he'll be monitored all week for his head knock.

I agree a bit more HP for the scalpel and its gonna be all on :thumbsup:

Zarco taking out his team mate tho :crazy:

It was a great mugging by Alex :cool:! he almost stuffed it up cause he thought it was last lap the one before - going around the outside of Mark.

Rossi said the tyre was ok that his set up was'nt :banghead:

Honda had caught up its HP on the Dukes its been clearly obvious all year ? Suzuki are at the same point Honda were last year, they have the engine but just need that bit more hopefully Suzuki can extract the required amount needed for next year, it needs to be alot actually cause Honda & Ducati aint gonna sit around and be happy with their lot.

MotoE has had a few flammers :fire:

Where’d you read that? I read just the opposite,

‘Rossi explained how he immediately encountered trouble with his rear tyre as a podium battle quickly evaporated.’ “Especially during the practice, I always had a good pace. But today in the race it was more difficult for me as I suffered a lot with the rear tyre, and from the beginning, I wasn’t as fast as yesterday. In the second half of the race I had to slow down because I had a lot of slides.”

Where’d you read that? I read just the opposite,

‘Rossi explained how he immediately encountered trouble with his rear tyre as a podium battle quickly evaporated.’ “Especially during the practice, I always had a good pace. But today in the race it was more difficult for me as I suffered a lot with the rear tyre, and from the beginning, I wasn’t as fast as yesterday. In the second half of the race I had to slow down because I had a lot of slides.”
From his interview on MotoGP.com

This was a first run for Michelin at Silverstone withs its new track surface + the 'unseasonal' pommy sunshine had the track at its hottest temp ever (?) Lots of other riders rear tyres suffered along with ya mate Vale.

It's not just giving the factory stuff to Fabio it's about building a bike that can maximize his talents. Traditionally that has been the role of the #1 factory guy and the other riders are support for the R&D efforts to build the bike around the #1 guy. That's why Dani was so good with Honda - similar size and weight to MM so Honda got loads of information every race. That's also why Lo didn't work for Yamaha or Ducati. Problem is who is the #1 Yamaha guy? Rossi is old school and very big physically by current GP standards. Building a bike to him is a dead end. There just aren't many Rossi out there!

Anyway, Fabio is a Rossi protege, so my money is on Vinales being demoted or history. Rossi is going to want to build a bike to beat MM, Fabio looks like the guy who can deliver and he was trained by Rossi himself. Rossi is probably willing to step back to build the bike and the champ to stop MM.

Gutted for Fabio to lose to Marquez like that. If Yamaha doesn't have his ass in a factory seat next year someone else will! And if they let him go to a competitor then Lin Jarvis should be horse whipped! Would love to see them at least give him the latest chassis parts. I think Rossi ran the new Carbon Swingarm and "Suzuki esque" dual exit Akrapovic exhaust for this race.

Marquez was never going to take 2nd again, easily see it was a matter of when....

Great nerve shown by Fabio knowing whos behind you for that long and not make any mistakes - mentally tough :super:

Yamaha need to let Rossi go why bother making a bike for him ? Dorna can pick up the bill and make Rossi some sort of ambassador for MotoGP.

Great job from Pol and KTM.

What happened with Iannone ? did he crash earlier in the weekend ?

Yamaha need to let Rossi go why bother making a bike for him ? Dorna can pick up the bill and make Rossi some sort of ambassador for MotoGP.

Yeah let the guy that 60% of the fans go to the races to see, that would be a smart move. Yamaha and Dorna will have Rossi on the line with a walker if they can. Besides, I said Rossi would be willing to build the bike for Fabio.

Back