MotoGP 2018

Geeze Wuzza ya cant let that go (Kawasaki,BMW) eh :lol:

Ducati had already made their mind up on George a while back PDJ , like Suzuki with Iannone.

Nice win for George - really sticks it to Ducati now lol , I wonder if someones head will roll at Ducati if 99 gets more podiums, I mean George told them 'give me what I want and i'll show you'.

Lots of DNFs today it seemed a harder day at the office then usual out there for the riders.

Here's my conspiracy theory:
The Honda and MM spat over his contract this year was bigger than most think. Honda is notorious for feeling that it is the bike that wins, not the rider. Maybe Lorenzo is there to let MM know Honda can live without him. MM just has had an odd look on his face when the topic of Lorenzo comes up. Even if I'm wrong, this is going to be the most difficult team paring next year by far!

Lorenzo should be used to awkward team situations by now. I cant imagine what the mood is like in the Ducati Garage at the moment. And the Wall when he was at Yamaha was surely not conducive to any sort of camaraderie. It should be fun to watch, reminds me of the old Yoshimura Suzuki days with Mat Mladin and Ben Spies. Those dudes hated each other with a passion and still won everything in sight.

A good read overall and an amazing couple of facts!
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/motogp/sunday-catalan-gp-motogp-summary-2018/

"With Jorge Lorenzo, Marc Márquez, and Valentino Rossi on the podium, it was one of the most decorated of all time. The three podium men share 20 world titles, 246 Grand Prix victories, 488 podiums, and 205 poles between them, according to Spanish journalist Borja Gonzalez. Some record.

The last time so many world championships were gathered together on a single podium was at Brno in 1975, where Phil Read beat Giacomo Agostini, but Agostini did enough to take his 15th world championship, which with Read’s seven made it a grand total of 22 world titles on one podium".:shocked:

Marc's super secret test mule from todays Cataluya test which he wound up topping. Factory Ducati's did not attend the test.
http://www.mcnews.com.au/2018-motogp-test-times-catalunya-june18/
2018-MotoGP-Test-Catalunya-Marquez-1.jpg

So can Lorenzo make it 3 in a row? Can he break MM's hold on Germany?

They gotta make a quick stop in the Netherlands first. But honestly Assen and the Sachsenring have never really been Lorenzo tracks. Rossi loves Assen but the Yamaha is not as... shall I say refined as the bike he won there on last year. And I would never bet against Marquez in Germany. That track terrifies me even on a video game. That whole banzai run down the hill to Turn 12 (Sachsencurve) and then back up the other side at 13 are tough to get right lap after lap. Jonas Folger gave Marc a run last year right before he fell off the planet.

But then after that they move on to a couple of tracks that Lorenzo runs well at Brno and the Redbull (previously the Osterreichring) Ring. So it could get interesting if some of these guys he has suddenly closed up on in the title chase get a little frisky in these next few races just to see if they can get in his wheelhouse. Love this sport!

So if the M1 is built for the Dunlop tires are they going to develop an entirely new bike? Seems to me the engine is behind now power wise too. It's amazing that the best overall bike 3-4 years ago is sort of a joke now. It's also interesting that Yamaha might cost Rossi his 10 Championship unless they can deliver a competitive mount for him pretty quick.

Back