MotoGP 2018

The F1 guys said it was bumpy as hell the other week and a few made comments regarding how the GP bikes
would fare, watching the free practice sessions across the classes there were plenty of 'out of the seat'moments some bloody scary. It was strange at first watching Alex Rins bail off the zook cause almost
all riders try to save the situation, he estimated 10cm of water and no brakes as the carbon discs were saturated. Alex got up pretty quick and tried to warn the other riders when disaster struck for Tito who was walking back after his fall only to be smashed into by Francos bike, poor bugger smashed Femur busted Tib and Fib.
Ive had the same injuries from a u turning car it brought back painfull memories.

If I recall, Dani Pedrosa is the only rider in Motogp I saw venture out on Iron rotors (QP1) at any point this weekend. Everyone else I saw were running the Carbon/Carbon with heat retention shrouds. But the shrouds simply cannot keep that much water off of the rotors. Just when I thought the Iron age in MotoGP was over.
?m=02&d=20180826&t=2&i=1297615376&r=LYNXNPEE7P0B0&w=1280.jpg

Last edited:
I admit this is way out there but I was thinking. Most of the other manufacturers have gotten over the big bang idea. Now they just make the most power they can reliably (and with good gas mileage) and then control it electronically. They are getting the torque from the V4 configuration, where it is pretty much natural - no need for big bangs. Yamaha on the other hand is still running an inline 4 with the cross-plane crank. This configuration was competitive when others were fighting all sorts of traction demons. But now that the others have figured out how to get monster power to actually propel the bike forward faster - the Yamaha's complex solution to a manageable big bang is just not up to the competition. Further, I bet the spec computer can't handle the complicated power pulses of the cross-plane crank as easily as it can the V4 configurations.

I don't know. I keep thinking Yamaha needs a new configuration all together. Not sure the inline 4 can compete with a well resolved V4 any more, especially with limited electronic gimmicks to fall back on.

Pretty sure most are Big Bang motors...

Yamaha have got a new techy from Merelli so hopefully for them it can better manage the electronics.

“beIN sports is no longer available”.

This notice showed up on my DirecTV channel listing. Anyone else? Just my system? I’m calling CS when I wake up. Out here I only have one other satellite company, DishTV and according to their website they’re still offering beIN. beIN sports was erratic and sometimes only in Spanish when I watched it on Cable TV in the Bay Area. I wonder if they have something to do with this out of the blue cancellation. If it’s just my system I’ve got to hurry to get Dish hooked up so as not to miss any GP races. There’s a whole half season left! (whole/half)?:laugh:

And the 2018 Suzuki... Least technically impressive of the bunch thus far, but maybe that's a good thing. Trickest thing on the bike appears to be the Carbon Fiber Ohlins Forks same as the Ducati's. Not sure why Yamaha arent using them?
GALLERY.
OOOOHHH such loveliness ..... even if a bit fugly by Italian machinery standards :cool: . I am looking forward to the season bigoltool ... any predictions you want to put out there .... I'm going to say Valentino is going all out this year , and he is gonna be the Man , for sure :fire: !!! Oh those forks are sooo nice :rolleyes:, ceramic rotors too by looks .:thumbsup:
I enjoy watching Rossi race. Keeps me on the edge of my seat!

Ouch! It's a good thing their races aren't too long. See that sorry excuse for a seat? What's that silver unit below the counter sprocket? Wouldn't it be a kick in the azz to take it for a spin? The power and light weight and braking would be a real shocker.
Yes it’d be real treat to wind that baby up :) Have to hold on tight though.

“beIN sports is no longer available”.

This notice showed up on my DirecTV channel listing. Anyone else? Just my system? I’m calling CS when I wake up. Out here I only have one other satellite company, DishTV and according to their website they’re still offering beIN. beIN sports was erratic and sometimes only in Spanish when I watched it on Cable TV in the Bay Area. I wonder if they have something to do with this out of the blue cancellation. If it’s just my system I’ve got to hurry to get Dish hooked up so as not to miss any GP races. There’s a whole half season left! (whole/half)?:laugh:

Not just you. Directv won’t pay what BEIN is requesting so they’ve been dropped. I’ve seen other channels go through this and after a couple weeks an agreement is reached. Hope that happens but not sure there’s enough soccer fans in US to force the issue.

I'm no fan of Beinsports by any stretch, but if it weren't for their coverage of Moto races I would have dropped Dish years ago! Even went so far as to go try and put up an HD antenna (fail) to get local fox broadcast due to the same kind of dispute a few years back. There is no perfect solution. Glad I will at least be able to watch the Misano round this weekend anyway.

DirecTV told me that MotoGP will now be seen on Fox Sports 1 but they’re not sure when depending on negotiations. I’m worried that if I switch to DishTV that they might also drop beIN sooner or later. Either way I’ll miss this weekend’s race.:redface:

Well its sunny atm in Misano and they've had 2 FP sessions and the Dukes are on top... eventually.. number 93 looks to be able to smack out a fast time at the the drop of a hat compared to everyone else.

Bradley Smith has been confirmed as Aprilias test rider with 6 wildcard races next year and Jonas Folger is Yamahas new test rider.

Weather forecast is for rain sometime this weekend , they did have downpours on friday , i dont know if its a good draining track...

Heres a good read of the number 29

http://pecinogp.com/andrea-whats-going-on/

Well its sunny atm in Misano and they've had 2 FP sessions and the Dukes are on top... eventually.. number 93 looks to be able to smack out a fast time at the the drop of a hat compared to everyone else.

Bradley Smith has been confirmed as Aprilias test rider with 6 wildcard races next year and Jonas Folger is Yamahas new test rider.

Weather forecast is for rain sometime this weekend , they did have downpours on friday , i dont know if its a good draining track...

Heres a good read of the number 29

http://pecinogp.com/andrea-whats-going-on/
I sure hope it is a good drainage track , would really enjoy a good dicing race to make up for last race . :rolleyes:

Anyone know if I can get the MotoGP video pass on my android phone w/o paying twice? I have it on my iPad already. I may get a new iPhone 8 soon but for now it’s a Samsung. Since I’m a ‘subscriber’ I should be able to see it on whatever right?

Back