MotoGP 2018

Welllll, lil Casey could unretire.
Adriana might not let Casey return to racing :( . They are building their family ( kids ) , and we know that can mean seconds added to a lap ;) . I also hope he will come back , but just going to have to wait on that one . Adriana is from my home town , If Casey truly wanted to rejoin the fight , she'd back him 100 percent . Be wild to see him on one of the Suzuki s .
I second Willie on that extra lever being the rear brake . I reakon I might use my rear brake more if I had this set up , to pull the back in tighter and exit on big throttle input earlier .... on favorite roads we talking . :thumbsup:

Everyone is copying Ducatis winglets now. Not sure what the second lever is for on the clutch side. Not a thumb brake.
New Aprilia version.
View attachment 1579097
That second lever is the ejection seat release.
The riders now have a parachute stuffed into the 'hump' on their race suit
and at the slightest hint of crashing the pull the lever... simple.
Ah well, that's that mystery solved, any others for me?

1518765878533.png

Adriana, Nice lookin girl! :rolleyes:

"Now Casey, are you listening?? I want you home tonight by 7pm, OK?? You got that???? I have plans! "

Last edited:
Sorry bros but I have a problem with Casey. Hugely talented guy but to have people like Honda/Ducati put a ton of money into building a bike around you and then just walk away from it sort of sucks. Think of all the riders who would give their left nut for a chance like that and would do the things you have to do as a rider gladly. I get it, he doesn't want to be in the spotlight and hates the appearances and press, so go away and enjoy your privacy. MotoGP is a 100% commitment game, put up or shut up.

Ok enough about Stoners lady (for now anyway:)). That lever still has me intrigued. Most of the paddock are now running a thumb brake on the left to allow them to set up for corner entry, wheelie control etc. The setup on Reddings Aprilia though looks to be two traditional levers battling for space where the Clutch lever all of us have used for decades typically resides. Now on a race bike the clutch lever is rendered pretty much useless after the start now with all of the quickshifters, slipper clutches etc. Maybe Redding is just the smartest guy in the room and this works better for him?

As for Stoner, he is not everyones cup of tea (neither am I, but thats another discussion), but he is surely one of the fastest guys on the planet on a MC. He seems to dig the development role as it allows him to stay in the game without all of the things that he hated about it in the first place.

I agree on the lever thing, clutch is only used to stop and start. Whether you use a thumb or fingers on the rear brake thing is preference I think. But working the rear brake with the hand has to improve feel and control.

As for Stoner, I admit to being a bit provocative in my post. But not sure Stoner is a great development rider because his magic talent is that he can ride anything better than other guys can ride perfect bikes. He didn't grow up with a silver spoon in his mouth and had to ride what he had. That's probably why he is alone as a guy who could tame the Ducati. Don't get me wrong, Stoner and Marquez are the most talented guys I have seen on a bike (maybe Rossi is/was in that group). It would be awesome to see Marquez and Stoner go at it 110%, now that would be a race.

Sorry bros but I have a problem with Casey. Hugely talented guy but to have people like Honda/Ducati put a ton of money into building a bike around you and then just walk away from it sort of sucks. Think of all the riders who would give their left nut for a chance like that and would do the things you have to do as a rider gladly. I get it, he doesn't want to be in the spotlight and hates the appearances and press, so go away and enjoy your privacy. MotoGP is a 100% commitment game, put up or shut up.

Yeah but wasn't it all about the announced at the time , massive changes to the Moto GP ultimate state of the art racing motorcycle ethos ? Basically going away from pure state of the art 'unobtainium' factory developed machinery , featuring one off design and component , leaving the traditional WSB format to use factory road based machinery ? Now , Casey was also concerned about the new rules allowing 'the hordes ' to fill the track with slower traffic etc . At the time , I could see his point about the pure GP bikes mixing with basically Superbikes , but my misgivings for one , have proved largely unfounded , and I enjoy the mix of bikes a lot . I also don't think the top factory bikes have been diluted in any noticable way .
I can't speak for Casey , but I hope he can overcome and get past statements / remarks he may or not have made in regards to all this and make a comeback .
I also understand where you are coming from Wilie , and I agree with most everything you stated , I think it was a little crazy how Casey stepped away from the pinnacle of motorcycle closed course racing , it really was a bit of a kick in the guts to us fans .
Just so you know lads , I am a Valantino dedicated fan , but any Aussie is also fully backed by me . :thumbsup:

Yamaha better pull finger and sort those electronics if the last 2 test rounds are anything to go by....Mr Zarco is really putting them to shame especially as he's staying with the 16 bike :poke:
Agreed, Zarco is making the factory guys (not just Yamahas) a little pissy! And its nothing new, he was regularly the most competitive of the Yamahas week in, week out last season. Get this guy a factory ride soon Yamaha or he will be in the wind next year.

That being said I would not put too much stock in the test times for this track in particular. They have never raced there previously and the tires Michelin brought for this test are likely not what will be raced there later this year.

Speaking of Zarco, this write up by david Emmett is pretty good reading. In the Middle of it he wrote that Zarco has been doing his best to Ride the Yamaha "Like he stole it from Lorenzo". Meaning that he is trying to emulate Lorenzo's smooth, precise riding style to extract the most from the Yamaha. All whilke being down several hundred RPM's to the factory bikes.

LINK

Back