MotoGP 2018

I see one of Andreas zooks pooed itself yesterday , blue smoke clutch in coast off track with a few flames out the exhaust for show :crazy:

I see one of Andreas zooks pooed itself yesterday , blue smoke clutch in coast off track with a few flames out the exhaust for show :crazy:
Hi I love the wing lets. My F5000 lola T142 was easy to drive up to a bout 98 percent. The last 2 percent was very hard to keep under to control. On the busa I want the power to weight to be 1 HP to 1 lbs or less.

Hell even Marquez' scooter is tricker than most guys bikes!
Capture.JPG

Seems Suzuki has lost the drive. The VVT is not enough to be competitive and losing Vinales means they don't have a first class rider.
Alex Rins was 6th overall at the test, not too far off at all. Lorenzo was the only one in the 58's the rest you could practically throw a blanket over.

All of them run the same motor, so not really too much to gripe about from the teams perspective. It is odd though that they jump from single cylinder Moto3 bikes (which sound awesome in a pack!) now to 3 Cylinder moto2 and 4 Cylinder MotoGP bikes.

Exactly that, its a spec class. They all run, and have run Honda CBR600 based engines for the entirety of Moto2's existence, all provided by Honda to maintain equality. Next year they switch to Triumph motors.

MCN australia has a pretty decent gallery up now of the just finished Sepang Test. Good shot of the new Yamaha winglets in use...
LINK

View attachment 1578767
Look a bit like crash bars ... still I guess they work well at speed . I'd be welcoming any advantage if I was one of those Moto Gods occasionally hitting 350 kph before heavy braking !!

This one I guess... I get , just because he would bring Malaysian oil money to the Tech3 team. They are talking about testing Thai rider Hafizh Syahrin on Jonas Folgers now vacated Tech3 MotoGP bike. Ah to hell with it, I don't get this at all! He has done nothing in racing and they are going to give him the keys to the kingdom or at least the best Satellite bike out there. Money talks!
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/889324/1/syahrin-test-tech3-thailand

OMG if this winter isn't the longest in history, I tell you. :eek:
Good news is the second test of 2018 kicked off today at the Chang circuit in Buriram Thailand. This is the first visit to this circuit so the MotoGP guys are borrowing data from the WSBK boys. The test is under way as I type this, so not much to report just yet. I heard Ducati was going to have a whole slew of new Aero parts to try here. I am hearing this track being compared to the RedBull Ring in Austria, which has produced a couple of fantastic races the last few years. :super:

Back