moto gp2

BLU88

Registered
i cant believe that i stayed up all night playn moto gp2.
i started playn and before i knew it, it was 5:30 in the morning. kids will be up at 6:15 to start getting ready for school, so i might as well make some cafe and stay up... maybe go and play some more. DAMN GAME IS ADICTIVE .
MAKE ME WISH I COULD GO RIDE THE BUSA..
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the addiction.
beerchug.gif

Monday's at 8:30pm CST on gamespy. Look for the MotoGP2 thread in the General Forum for IP addresses/screennames to look for.

MY COMPUTER CONNECTION AT HOME IS SO SLOW IT WILL TAKE DAYS TO DOWNLOAD THE DEMO VERSION FOR THE CPU... BUT I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY...
biggrin.gif

Just go to Wal-Mart or Best Buy, and buy the PC version. It is just $20 for the FULL game. Worth every penny too.
biggrin.gif

How well do you think I could do online on a 56k from the other side of the world? Is it even worth trying? I got MotoGP 2 PC version, IT ROCKS!

How well do you think I could do online on a 56k from the other side of the world? Is it even worth trying? I got MotoGP 2 PC version, IT ROCKS!
You could try it, but honestly, it will be too slow.

When you are racing on-line and people have slow connections, their bikes bounce around and fly through the sky. If collisions are on, then you can be going down the straight, and all of the sudden...WHAM...you hit a bike that just landed on the track.

This is because the game has to update everybody's position on the track every few milliseconds. This is used for the dots on the map, and to show position on the track. When the game cannot get this info fast enough, then it puts the rider wherever it wants to. This is called "Lagging".

This is EXTREMELY annoying and distracting to the other riders. Most of the time, people will tell you that you are lagging. This is the point where you can politely leave the game. If you do not leave, then after a race or two, the host will disconnect(kick) you from that game. It happens all of the time.

I've got a broadband cable modem, and I have lagged before. Sometimes it's Gamespy that screws eveything up, and sometimes it's just the overall internet traffic.

The worst part is...You will not normally see the lag on your PC, because your PC updates itself. If you notice other players jumping, shaking, flying, etc... , then you may be lagging.

I know this was long, but I wanted you to know what to expect. You may receive a kick if your lagging, but don't take it personal.

<span style='color:red'>EDIT:</span> Join us on a Monday night at 8:30 pm CST. Look for stkr01, WWJD, or R1Rookie as the host. At least we'll try to be polite if you're lagging. We can always just do wheelies and burnouts.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "added EDIT section"|1075449706 -->

I played on a crap laptop, over a >>26,400<< modem connection and TO ME it played okay. a little slow and jerky but I was able to play. I think 56k would be fine. turn graphics down if needed as graphics power CAN affect CPU power to push info thru a modem. you'll want as much raw processing speed power as possible

I used to lag reall bad trying to play mechwarrior 4 from korea, I dount gp2 will be any better from here.

if you can't seem to play with us, just use GAMESPY ARCADE and find the lowest PING to you and play others that way. also, we run our own host usually and it might work better for you that way. good luck!

Back