Motley Motorcycle Choices

FlatlandBusa

Registered
Well here they are, the Busa, a KLR650 and the newest to us a GS650L.
Does anybody have a motley collection of motorcycles in their garage?
If so post them up!

BusaBridge4.jpg

KLR650.jpg

GS650L.jpg

Yeah very nice :thumbsup:

I like how you have different bikes that offer a different riding experience. Right now all I got is my Busa and my HD Night Rod. I definitely want 2 add a few more 2 my stable. Probably gonna scoop up a used track bike within the next year cause I've always wanted 2 give that a go. I also wanna do up a custom café racer bike, probably use a CB750 for the platform. That BMW 1200 GS adventure bike caught my eye as well :whistle:

How's this for Motley? Not even a Busa in there right now! For shame.... :whistle:

Kawi ZX14, Ducati 748S, Suzuki GS1100E and a Triumph Bonneville with a sidecar!

1655555_10152797147514921_5305813370517261006_o.jpg

Ignore the Triumph Street Triple R, it's my wife's. :thumbsup:

How's this for Motley? Not even a Busa in there right now! For shame.... :whistle:

Kawi ZX14, Ducati 748S, Suzuki GS1100E and a Triumph Bonneville with a sidecar!

1655555_10152797147514921_5305813370517261006_o.jpg

Ignore the Triumph Street Triple R, it's my wife's. :thumbsup:

Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

So do you flip a coin as to which one to ride?
Or do you rotate them equally so you can justify them all?

Where did you get the Suzuki sign? :whistle:

Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

So do you flip a coin as to which one to ride?
Or do you rotate them equally so you can justify them all?

Where did you get the Suzuki sign? :whistle:

When they're all insured, they get rotated so none of them feels left out... now that it's winter, only the ZX14 and Ducati are road-legal. I have a guy coming to look at the Fourteen on Saturday, finger's crossed that he buys it! It's a nice bike, but it's no Hayabusa. :thumbsup:

The sign came from a dealership that closed down two or three years ago out in Casselman, Ontario. The owner was selling off everything from the shop so I grabbed the 12'x3' sign off the front of the building! I'd always wanted one. :bowdown: It looked really good in my last garage with my '05 parked under it:

7858590442_07695dfb95_b.jpg

Did I mention that I hope my Phat Ninja sells this weekend? :laugh:

Yup that 05 looks real good with the sign in the background.

So what does a sign from a dealer going out of business cost? :whistle:

Yup that 05 looks real good with the sign in the background.

So what does a sign from a dealer going out of business cost? :whistle:

I paid $800 for it. Cheap at twice the price! :laugh:

On a related topic, the Green Machine found a new owner today! Time to go 'Busa shopping. :thumbsup:

Have a 2007 DR650SE parked next to my 2014 Busa in the garage, hoping to add a Valkyrie next spring!

That is the nicest GS650 I have seen in a long time. :thumbsup: I like the mix. Once Betty's paid for I am really wanting to add a Triumph Bonneville to the garage.

^^^ Nice bike - what Honda model is that? - can't remember seeing that one before. So does that make #4 for you?

It's also nice to know that I'm not the only one that has salt on their vehicle because of Winter time.
You would think in this day and age that they could come up with something that didn't attach to our
vehicles and make them rust and or corrode faster than normal. :banghead:

That is also why I don't rush out to start riding at this time of the year (even if the temps did get high enough)
because the salt dust gets in all the nooks and crannys along with the wheels, chain, sprockets, rotors and brake pads to
name a few of the common places that can be seen. We haven't seen much of any rain yet this year - so a few rains will change
the light from red to green if the temps raise enough. Still in the 40's for highs the next week or so.

^^^ Nice bike - what Honda model is that? - can't remember seeing that one before. So does that make #4 for you?

It's also nice to know that I'm not the only one that has salt on their vehicle because of Winter time.
You would think in this day and age that they could come up with something that didn't attach to our
vehicles and make them rust and or corrode faster than normal. :banghead:

That is also why I don't rush out to start riding at this time of the year (even if the temps did get high enough)
because the salt dust gets in all the nooks and crannys along with the wheels, chain, sprockets, rotors and brake pads to
name a few of the common places that can be seen. We haven't seen much of any rain yet this year - so a few rains will change
the light from red to green if the temps raise enough. Still in the 40's for highs the next week or so.

It's a Honda Grom, 125CC and 225 pounds full of fuel, it does 45 MPH around town easy enough, waiting until I get a few miles on it before running it wide open and see what the top speed is.

The city street crew doesn't get to carried away with putting salt out but the state takes is completely overboard. The highways that the state maintains are white and very dusty after the snow melts. The wifey has to take a state highway to work so here car gets covered in salt more than I would like. I hate salt and think it's a waste on most roads as the majority of the unsalted roads are usually clear within a day of the heavily salted ones.

^^^ makes me wonder if you even own a 4 wheel vehicle? :laugh:

And if so, do you make it stay outside? Nice to have a garage big enough to hold all your toys.
If I could ride year round I would have more bikes then cars - but right now it's even at 2 apiece not counting a trail bike.

Yeah, I have an little old 2lt Mitsubishi Lancer 4 door car that's parked outside,
and funny enough I picked up a brand new 2015 4ltr Ford Territory last Friday
that now lives under a carport

image.jpg
upload a gif

We are looking at moving out of the city.
After a smaller place on a few acres now the kids have finished school and are growing up.
Somewhere I can put up a barn or some really big sheds.

I currently only have one bike, 2012 Busa. However I am currently trying to wear my wife down and let me get #2. This thread is definitely going to be shown to her tonight when she gets home. Might help the effort!

Really want a large touring bike, one of my many arguments is that her and I can ride on it together comfortably. Want either a BMW 1200LT in the 2004 range or Honda Goldwing about the same year. Hopefully someday soon I can post a pic of my garage with multiple bikes!

Back