Motec guys.. talk to me, who has experience?

yeah... I don't wanna ship this thing to Alabama... plus.. what are u gonna do ship it to Alabama every time u have a problem?

Thankfully it’s only been a 3 hour drive for me to drop it off when needed and it’s always been a pleasure visiting the best candy store in the country The really good news for me is the Alabama location is for sale and he is relocating here in town.

I am caution on the street. I don't care what you have for brakes and suspension
Busa is Lowered and streched so Even with the Stock suspension I can drag parts

I spent a summer on GixerHp's old oil cooled GSXR1100 with STUPID good suspension and Brakes
Still could get into trouble with that

Cars win. I only F around where I know the roads and can see traffic
OR I go to a secret proving ground in Mexico :-)

Same

I do wish the m130 had a learn function like some of the other popular ecus. Without easy access to a dyno, reviewing logs is not as easy to get your initial fuel table built. The quick lambda function and the lambda was functions are nice however, I foresee my day at the dyno tmrw being a long one. Street tuning the base tune that I was given has been frustrating. In a car, of course I could have someone drive and go through the cells on a laptop and quick lambda and be done with it. That's not doable on 2 wheels. I was able to utilize the injectors that are in the ultra plenum and I know that isn't doable with the FT models however that's not a big deal just a minor plus. The logging is great. My only gripe is the absence of a learn function.

I’d be hard pressed to believe that the MoTeC doesn’t have a learn function. More then likely it’s called something different. O2 compensation, closed loop fueling or something along those lines.

Some ecus do closed loop fueling, but it’s on the fly. But you can usually log the compensation and then apply those changes to the main fuel map.

Rob that's what I have been having to do. Logging closed loop trim. Map was so off I had to open it to +/- 30% and it took gallons of gas to get it in low throttle to not max out 30% trim. The VE table looked so low I was so cautious and paranoid that I had another problem. I do wish I had an IAT sensor fitted in the plenum but I haven't got to that yet. I removed so much fuel that my gut tells me there is something else going on. I know some guys probably just run in closed loop all the time. Id be allright with that in WOT if I knew I was pretty close. Going to put it on the roller in open loop today and quick lambda it through the cells.

I bet there is a way in i2 to overlay the logs but the only way I know is the lambda was function in the VE table which is cool, you put what lambda was in the cell and your desired and it makes the change for you. One cell at a time.

Map was so off I had to open it to +/- 30% and it took gallons of gas to get it in low throttle to not max out 30% trim.
Looking at the data and doing some math to tune rather than blindly relying on a closed loop output would be better in this case.

It isnt difficult, just a simple calc from where you were to where you want to be in percent. Add that in to the relavent area as a percent of what is already there.

Ditch the closed loop until you get a decent base established, keep it so it is adjusting 5% or less and you will have a much better overall calibration rather than just relying in the closed loop.

Looking at the data and doing some math to tune rather than blindly relying on a closed loop output would be better in this case.

It isnt difficult, just a simple calc from where you were to where you want to be in percent. Add that in to the relavent area as a percent of what is already there.

Ditch the closed loop until you get a decent base established, keep it so it is adjusting 5% or less and you will have a much better overall calibration rather than just relying in the closed loop.
I only let me standalone add fuel in learn mode
I will be the only one pulling fuel from my tables, remember O2 readings are already down stream and O2's don't read aluminum particles :-)

I don't think you understood what I was saying. Im only relying on closed at this point because the plugs would be toast in 5 minutes. If I have max pull at 30% and its pulling 30%, im not relying on anything as I have to do the math to get the cells in % anyway. I don't want to use closed, however, with it that far off, the plugs wouldn't make it without it.

Back