Mosque Shootings in Christchurch NZ, my home town.

Circling back to my original position, I think everyone has heard a full auto, even if only in a movie.
I have now heard he refitted the old version larger capacity mag , which was stopped from sale some time back , but is still easily attained over there . Also heard that parts were sourced necessary to change to full auto through internet . That he bought the guns that fired with each trigger pull from a shop , but not clear on how the assault rifles were obtained .
The 'parts sourced from internet' is not fact checked by me , only but hearsay .

I have now heard he refitted the old version larger capacity mag , which was stopped from sale some time back , but is still easily attained over there . Also heard that parts were sourced necessary to change to full auto through internet . That he bought the guns that fired with each trigger pull from a shop , but not clear on how the assault rifles were obtained .
The 'parts sourced from internet' is not fact checked by me , only but hearsay .
It's not too difficult to change a semi to full auto, and yes, those parts aren't hard to find on the internet. They're illegal to possess in this country, unless you're specifically licensed to do so. I was more aggravated by newsies not bothering to pause a moment in the name of accuracy, and by the talking heads who blather on mindlessly supporting an agenda that doesn't solve the problem than I was by the method by which this pos killed his victims. It disgusts me when people and organizations attempt to use personal losses of others for their own ends. Obviously there is a problem when things like this take place, but trotting out the same tired rhetoric is equally as obviously not offering a solution.

Majority govt. Shock and awe still active amoung the population No NRA No entrenched belief in an armed society No sympathy among the largely unarmed population for those who are.

Yeah because it was the guns fault. The politicians will always remove people rights in the name of safety even if it doesn't make anyone safer.
The key difference in this situation is that there is no right to remove. Not interested in entering a debate about whether or not there should be, this thread isn't the place for that discussion, but in most other countires there is no right for the populace to have firearms.

The key difference in this situation is that there is no right to remove. Not interested in entering a debate about whether or not there should be, this thread isn't the place for that discussion, but in most other countires there is no right for the populace to have firearms.
Big difference between the RIGHT to own a gun (USA) and the PRIVILEDGE to own a gun elsewhere.
Same goes for our roads here, a bicyclist has a RIGHT to be on the road, while for a motorcyclist or car driver it is a PRIVILEDGE.

What is the difference?

Where I grew up owning a gun was a priviledge, it meant a background check, a competency test and a permit for each and every firearm. One could carry conceiled, but the permit for each gun was part of one's identity document and it had to be available to show on request. If a firearm was lost or stolen, it had to be reported immediately. In that case neglegence could be a criminal offence. Each firearm was registered in a central database, to its owner, with a bullet print through the barrel.

So in short, provided one was of sound character and competent, the only difference to the US carry permit was that each firearm could be traced back to its owner immediately and in case of a crime the bullet barrel print could help identify who pulled the trigger.

I have no opninion about the RIGHT but one thing I never understood is why it is OK to carry a firearm non conceiled, but pull your shirt over the firearm, then you need a permit. Makes no sense to me.

All that said, my utomost simpathy to NZ.

Big difference between the RIGHT to own a gun (USA) and the PRIVILEDGE to own a gun elsewhere.
Same goes for our roads here, a bicyclist has a RIGHT to be on the road, while for a motorcyclist or car driver it is a PRIVILEDGE.

What is the difference?

Where I grew up owning a gun was a priviledge, it meant a background check, a competency test and a permit for each and every firearm. One could carry conceiled, but the permit for each gun was part of one's identity document and it had to be available to show on request. If a firearm was lost or stolen, it had to be reported immediately. In that case neglegence could be a criminal offence. Each firearm was registered in a central database, to its owner, with a bullet print through the barrel.

So in short, provided one was of sound character and competent, the only difference to the US carry permit was that each firearm could be traced back to its owner immediately and in case of a crime the bullet barrel print could help identify who pulled the trigger.

I have no opninion about the RIGHT but one thing I never understood is why it is OK to carry a firearm non conceiled, but pull your shirt over the firearm, then you need a permit. Makes no sense to me.

All that said, my utomost simpathy to NZ.
ITS NOT THE GUNS THAT ARE THE PROBLEM... ITS THE CRIMINALS.... A CRIMINAL MADMAN KILLED PEOPLE.... WE OUGHT TO BAN CRIMINALS NOT GUNS... GET TOUGH ON CRIMINALS... PUBLIC EXECUTION.

When people talk about these madmen... they ALWAYS leave out the CRIMINAL part.... CRIMINAL MADMAN... a person can be a madman and NOT a criminal..... most people don't see and understand and interact with these crinminals… and what truly drives them. FURTHERMORE.... most murderers don't get caught the first time they kill... ive overheard conversations or should i say PARTS of conversation where a guy locked up for murder is bragging about his role in other heinous crimes... whether it be as a driver/lookout... whatever.... one quote sticks out in my brain.... an inmate was watching Television.... some singer came on TV and was singing.... he says to me "CO.... I would catch a FLAT 8 to pistol whip the shyt out of her"... meaning he would serve 8 years to beat her with a pistol.... smdh… i DO NOT doubt his sincerity... The guy is in prison for a long long time and he BELONGS there.... he is a criminal..

Last edited:
RIP to the people who have died in the Sri Lanka terrorist attack you are right it seems when these events happen in third world countries there is not much media coverage
It was the top/first news item on national tv here in NZ and still is headline lead story on our news websites.

Back