More wheelie pics

For those of you who have done wheelies on a Busa...  Has anyone successfully gotten it up in 2nd gear??  (With stock parts - no Power Commander, turbo, or anything else)  I can't seem to get it off the ground in anything other than first gear.
Try a stand up in second. Bounce it some and bring it up....no clutch, just throttle. I'm not very good at em but it'll come up.

For those of you who have done wheelies on a Busa...  Has anyone successfully gotten it up in 2nd gear??  (With stock parts - no Power Commander, turbo, or anything else)  I can't seem to get it off the ground in anything other than first gear.
Sit back in the seat roll down the road about 70 shut the throttle a little then open it up.  Floats up quick.  Works just the same in third just increase the speed. Careful things can go wrong fast at these speeds.

Very nice pics...that first pic is just awesome!!! Coooool!

all these wheelie photos got me feeling down...

I've wheelied on my other bikes but have been afraid to
try it on the busa...so much raw power...

well,I tried it the other day and WOW! it came up very quick .. I didn't really think I had tried hard enough; and next thing I was looking at was sky... (the problem was when I came down my front tire was turned and ; well... had quite a scare!! what's the secret to a nice landing with a heavy bike?

Practice, practice, practice.

And G on G.....the one on the yellow GSXR is Q and the one on the Root Beer colored GSXR is Lonnie and the one on the red GSXR is Wayne and of course I'm the hot white guy on the BIG GSXR.

Practice, practice, practice.

And G on G.....the one on the yellow GSXR is Q and the one on the Root Beer colored GSXR is Lonnie and the one on the red GSXR is Wayne and of course I'm the hot white guy on the BIG GSXR.
BWAHAHAHEHHAHHAHHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whew! rubbing tears from my eyes......

seriousy, nice ridin' my white irish brother!
biggrin.gif

Busahigg, I liked the first pic a lot so I touched it up a bit, I hope that's ok with you.

BusaHigg_Group_Wheelie2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep practiciing on how to keep the bike down. Scared the hell out of me when the front came up @150mph. Will go up in 1-4 easy just a little gas.

Nice pics keep them coming.
biggrin.gif

Great pics Higg, but I hope the guy without the helmet starts to wear one, Life is awesome but we only get one shot.
Make it count.

I know this thread is kinda old but I have a couple of thoughts on wheelies on a Busa.  

I am about 215lbs, have had the bike about 3 days now and from what I have experianced this thing wheelies alot easier than I thought it would.  What really got me was how stable it felt in the air.

drewwerd13 asked how to get it to wheelie in second, well seems that the easiest way is to get rolling to about 3-4K in first, 5-6K in second then just roll off and onto the throttle with a quick flick, just don't twist to hard and it comes right up like its on a lift.   I am not a wheelie king or anything like that but this thing makes them so easy.  I have pulled three decent ones 8-18 inchers and I have only had it for about 3 days.  Damn good stuff, no need to load the suspension, no need to jerk on the bars or even shift my weight, it just comes right up on demand.

Perfect bike.

Back