More Superbyke parts, gettin close!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Now that I have a new camera, I can start capturing the completion of "the project".

The new red damper goes onto HAYBUS and the black one comes off and jumps over to the Superbyke (in keeping with the ALL black and silver motif).

The springs are Race Tech 1.0's.
The horn is VERY loud.
I can't wait to experience the radial reservoir for the 1st time.

German mounts and dual headlight system promises to be bright (and easily adjustable).
The novelty of riding around on a +-470 lb. Hayabusa with big brakes is starting to take hold of me!
One of my goals is to have a Busa that handles, stops, accelerates and FEELS better than all of the current crop of "naked superbikes". We'll see!
More later.

Raydog

004.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

Doyle, are you building yourself a track only bike or a track/street toy?

If it's going to be your track toy, I'd suggest giving some thought to heavier fork springs. I have 1.05 springs in my gixxer and I still bottom those puppies out on the brakes at times.

Also, I've had some experience with naked bikes and I've found it to be a wrestling match above a buck forty. Speeds you'll reach on that fat heifer will be untolerable to sustain lap after lap. Just hanging on at a buck seventy is a physical chore and you best build your neck up to look like a linebacker for the Steelers. You'll need it!

Curious about your mastercylinder. Give us the details please!

Looks like you are doing a good job on putting her together! Should be a barrel of fun! :cheerleader:

Doyle, are you building yourself a track only bike or a track/street toy?

If it's going to be your track toy, I'd suggest giving some thought to heavier fork springs. I have 1.05 springs in my gixxer and I still bottom those puppies out on the brakes at times.

Also, I've had some experience with naked bikes and I've found it to be a wrestling match above a buck forty. Speeds you'll reach on that fat heifer will be untolerable to sustain lap after lap. Just hanging on at a buck seventy is a physical chore and you best build your neck up to look like a linebacker for the Steelers. You'll need it!

Curious about your mastercylinder. Give us the details please!

Looks like you are doing a good job on putting her together! Should be a barrel of fun! :cheerleader:

Thanks for those points and questions, Steven. The radial master cylinder is the adjustable (19x17/18/19) Accossato, black and matches the Pazzo black clutch lever well(procurred from Tim @ PASHNIT). It is double s/s lined down to rebuilt OEM calipers/EBC pads to Braking rotors on Carrazzario wheel.
Re: the 1.0 springs, I am 25 lbs lighter and the bike should be another 25 lbs lighter than my other Busa...which has 1.1's on it and is really stiff.....I just thought that lighter overall weight and mostly street use dictated the 1.0's.
If it's too soft, I'll switch em out but we'll see.
I will take it to the track, kinda like a Super Motard type experiment (gawd it otta look nasty with slicks!). I'm more interested in the corners than the straights with the lightness AND superbike handlebars....again, we'll see!
Hanging on at speed is a concern and I might put a quarter fairing above the headlights as some relief. Doyle

P1030381.JPG

That beast looks like a hell of a lot of fun! I'm anxious to get a report after your first track experience on it!

Keep us posted.

What was the cost of the master cylinder, if you don't mind sharing?

That beast looks like a hell of a lot of fun! I'm anxious to get a report after your first track experience on it!

Keep us posted.

What was the cost of the master cylinder, if you don't mind sharing?

For sure I'll do a complete riders impression, including twisties and track use.
The radial was $350 bucks. Doyle

So what is the weight of it now?!

I just don't know now...what I do know is my fully faired and equiped Busa is 496 and this one has SO MUCH LESS stuff on it plus a bunch of carbon fiber, etc. SO, when it's a turn key, I'll weigh it, list the aftermarket parts AND publish the results on the org asap! Total speculation but I'm hoping for way under 480 pounds. Doyle

Back