More Shifting Help.

This is some really detailed info with great pics and the extra tips will make the install go even faster.

Mike,

How do you remove the clutch slave mount, and do I have to drain the clutch fluid to remove it? Why is the coolant reservoir removed?

Mike, How do you remove clutch slave mount, does it require draining clutch fluid, and why do you remove coolant reservoir?

i think this may be my next mod. 2nd gear needs to be undercut anyway. i'm thinking i'll tard proof the trans and shift setup very soon.

Mike, How do you remove clutch slave mount, does it require draining clutch fluid, and why do you remove coolant reservoir?

When you unbolt the sprocket cover the clutch cylinder is attatched to it. Just swing it out of the way. The coolant resv covers it all, so it needs to be moved over as well. Go look at your bike and you'll see why.

Thanks, I will. I appreciate the input. Looking to do this on Saturday. Also, in removing the sprocket is an impact wrench really needed or just some elbow grease?

Back from the dead.

I installed this on my bike last night, and upon reassembly, the bike wouldn't shift gears at all. It was a pretty straight forward install and I didn't have any problems. Any idea what I might have done wrong?

I'm going to pull it all back apart tonight or tomorrow morning...

Spring over the post correctly ?
Well, that must have been it. I took it all back apart and put it back together with a little more attention to detail, and it shifts properly now. And wow, what an improvement. I haven't rode the bike yet, but I can feel the difference already just running through the gears in the garage. I can't wait to put some miles on it now! I'm really hoping this fixes my false neutral issue.

I just did this mod on my 2011 and what an improvement! The higher rpm the shift, the more noticeable the improvement. I think it is well worth the price. I made a few wrenches to get at that lower aft hard-to-reach bolt. If anyone wants to use them I will be happy to mail them out, as long as I get them back.

I did this mod a while back on my 02 Hayabusa, big improvement. I'm interested in the extended shift lever you also installed. Where did you get it? brand? do you have a pic or link? Thanks

Back