More Shifting Help.

Nice job of detailing the install!!:bowdown: I agree on the group buy thing and want to be counted in.:thumbsup: Nothing like having the details spelled out and keeping it simple is just my style...I'm too well known for making the easy stuff look hard! Right, Hal?!:beerchug:

Mr Bogus did a group buy on this a while ago.
He may have the info where he got them.
He may want to do another or you could buy it from his source on your own.
PM him and check.

Good luck!

I can work up another group buy if I can get 10 units.. $149 TYD was the last price... should be able to do that again.. (Gen1 and 2 are the same kit)

I can work up another group buy if I can get 10 units.. $149 TYD was the last price... should be able to do that again.. (Gen1 and 2 are the same kit)
That looks real good for the full kit. Will keep my eye open if you do a group buy.

I haven't had much trouble with missed shifts or anything, although I have hit a false neutral once or twice. I would not describe the Busa as having a "crisp" transmission, at least mine isn't compared to some other bikes I have owned.

i bought this kit last week in ebay , in a cople of days it will be here in spain , i will post how it´s work :beerchug:

Dumb question time please: Will this mod also apply to Gen II ? Since I was a Bandit follower for years, I have not kept up on the changes with the Busa as this is my first one.

Dumb question time please: Will this mod also apply to Gen II ? Since I was a Bandit follower for years, I have not kept up on the changes with the Busa as this is my first one.

Mr Bogus says it is:

(Gen1 and 2 are the same kit)

and he is never wrong.
He thought he was wrong once, but he was mistaken. :laugh:

Seriously you should PM him and see what interest there is in a group buy.
He is the man!

Last edited:
I bought 2 last time Mr. B did a group buy on these, 1 for me and 1 for a buddy, well my budy bailed and I held onto it for some reason. If a group buy isn't put to geather let me know and I'll dig it out my parts box.

I am having no problem with shifting as the Busa shifts just like the 1250 Bandit, but it would be a good fix for future and an enhancement for now. Group buy, I would be in.

I give this mod a 2 thumbs up :thumbsup: I've been running it on my K8 since April and I'm impressed. It definately improves shifting action, precision, and feel. Should've been this way from the factory.

loctite??? I used 243 which is medium strength oil resistant loctite, don't want that dentent arm coming off or the screw backing out to allow slop in the arm. I put one of these in my ZX6-r and loved it... totally different instal it is all behind the clutch on the Ninja.

I baught one for the busa and have it now. I want to install it but I just changed the oil and don't want to waste the good oil, I was wandering if the bike was on a rear stand if the oil would be far enough forward on an angle that I could do it withought draining the oil, I did it on my ninja by puting the tires on this shallow sidewalk (maybe an inch) and having it on the kick stand I was able to leave the oil in and remove the clutch instal it and put it back keeping my oil in... what do you think mike?

I'm not sure, but I would try it.
Worse case is a little drains out, and you add new to replace it.
Good luck!

Great post and pics :bowdown:

Question to this kit.

Do i need the whole kit with spring and arm....

or will the change of only the star also be ok ?

:poke::poke::poke:

Great post and pics :bowdown:

Question to this kit.

Do i need the whole kit with spring and arm....

or will the change of only the star also be ok ?

:poke::poke::poke:

If your bike already has the spring and arm you do not need a new one.
Look in the manual for the year of bike and see what is in there (or go to Ron Ayers or Bike Bandit and see).
From memory (and not to be quoted:laugh:) the 99 and 2000 did not have the arm, and the rest do, but please check first.

I have a real 2001.
i checked Ron Ayers but pics are a bit pixeld.

Sellers copy only the text of FP. crap???

At factory pro they say no arm for 00-07 but they have a spring in kit.
But i saw some kits and they were marked as "without spring" and do not have the arm in.
so this are no kits ..only the star.
Have e rep manual and there is a arm with bearig shown , but it is for all years.

Anyone with a 2001 who build in the kit , and can tell me whats all contained.
Dont want to open everything just to look , and then again for change.

Last edited:
I have a real 2001.
i checked Ron Ayers but pics are a bit pixeld.

Sellers copy only the text of FP. crap???

At factory pro they say no arm for 00-07 but they have a spring in kit.
But i saw some kits and they were marked as "without spring" and do not have the arm in.
so this are no kits ..only the star.
Have e rep manual and there is a arm with bearig shown , but it is for all years.

Anyone with a 2001 who build in the kit , and can tell me whats all contained.
Dont want to open everything just to look , and then again for change.

The spring and arm do assist in the process for sure.
When they say there is no arm in the kit, they mean there was one on your bike OEM and you don't need another, as you could re-use the OEM one.
If it isn't much more for the kit with the arm, I would go for it and just put the new arm on if you already have one, and if you don't have one OEM, then you would have one with the kit.

The spring and arm do assist in the process for sure.
When they say there is no arm in the kit, they mean there was one on your bike OEM and you don't need another, as you could re-use the OEM one.
If it isn't much more for the kit with the arm, I would go for it and just put the new arm on if you already have one, and if you don't have one OEM, then you would have one with the kit.

You never cease to amaze me.
Good job mike!:thumbsup:
Bubba

Back