More Sad News

So sad to hear this news......Glenda and I will add our prayers for Ernest's full recovery.  We really enjoyed meeting and talking with him on the Laguna trip.  

Please keep us in the loop, we would like to visit and/or lend support in any way to Ernest and his wife.

:sad: I sure am sorry to hear this horrible news. I hope God is with Ernest and his family and is watching over them. I don't post here hardly ever, but its like a brother getting hurt when a fellow rider is injured.

God Bless you all, and be safe.

oooooh nooooooooo! Ernest was very cool to me, I used his cel phone a couple times ... I feel sick again :sad:

Plz give him my aloha and best wishes. - Kent

Very sad to hear this terrible news. Yeah, I remember chatting with him a few times at Laguna. This has been a bad streak lately. I wish he and his family the best during this tough time and I wish him a speedy and full recovery!

Outstanding, prayer works...I will be included in the numbers that are praying for his full recovery...

Thinker - Glad to hear your friend is getting better. I am more worried about you now. Your posts sound like you are questioning riding in general and you may stop? I hope not. Try to take the lesson out of your experience with friends going down and apply it to your riding to be safe. And please don't give up riding?

What makes me concerned is this story. A local guy here in Truckee had his close friend die in a rock climbing accident in Yosemite about 3 months ago. It happened just before Laguna Seca. Now this guy won't ride his motorcycle or ski or do any of his regular sports anymore. We tried to convince him to ride with us to Laguna to get him "back in the saddle" but he woudn't come. He is afraid of hurting his family the way he felt hurt at his friend's death. I guess it was the first time anyone around him had died and he is not handling it well. The sad thing is he has given up all of the things that made his life fun. Now he has nothing to look forward to and is only existing. I hope he snaps out of it and continues to live. Since we can't avoid our eventual fate, we might as well live as much as possible each day.

If I am mis-reading your comments above, I am sorry. I just don't want to see a guy who obviously enjoys his Busa and life in general take the safe route and check out of living.

I am doing fine...still planning mods for the Winter. I went to see Bob yesterday. It was very, very hard for me seeing him there with half his leg gone, one arm in a cast and a big "terminator looking" clamp on his other hand.

but he was so happy to see me that it allowed me to get past my selfish problems. He has a positive attitude and will be fine.

I am going to try to go see Ernest Sunday. Hopefully, he will be hanging in there too.

As a good friend told me, DRESS FOR THE CRASH NOT THE RIDE!

Earnest, wishing you a speedy recovery. nice seeing you again at the awareness ride this summer and the good times at seca, hope to see you there again next year. let us know if we can help out in any way, later bro

I'm Very sorry to hear about Ernest.I wish him a speedy recovery and We will keep him and his fam in our prayers.

Back