More Rumors, Turbo For 2019

agree totally. any bike can be fun at the track. the busa is long so its not gonna do wat other bikes do but one can still carve corners with it jus not competitively.

and as far as power goes on a Turbo bike you can use the power every day in every situation. you don't need to be 5th or 6th gear to enjoy the power of a Turbo Bike. you still go 0-60 or 70 or 80 whenever u get onto the hi way or anywhere else u start out and a Turbo bike is just as fun in 1st gear as it is in 2nd 3rd 4th 5th and 6th.....

and if tuned properly it will ride like a stock bike till u get into boost. I have a switch that turns my boost controller off and I'm only running on spring which is 4 lbs. I sometimes do that to tame myself at times and don't want all that power while WOT. not necessary but tamed me down a bit at times when I jus wanted to cruise with my buddies and even at 4 lbs I wud smoke them all.

Well to each his own but track days are fun as heck. Much more fun than dodging crazy cagers and cops too. The busa is actually a decent track bike if you are just looking to have fun. It's never going to get around a track with a liter bike or even a well piloted 600 in the turns. But it is super stable and when things straighten out a little it can sneak up on the little bastards that just wizzed by in the last turn. One reason I'm not turbo now is I just don't know how I would use the power. Most of my riding now is what I call sporty touring, so the Busa is the perfect tool as is. I love turbos and superchargers and would love to get to understand all of the tech involved - really cool stuff. But the Busa is a master of the back road. Fix the brakes and suspension, add a full exhaust for sound and free breathing and it's pretty hard to beat.

yea Really! and no I push over 400 hp usually but have it tuned very safe now at 385 hp and you keep referring to a 600 handling against a Busa. Bro no one CARES what a 600 will do ANYWHERE. their lame and for GIRLS to ride and no offense but no one cares about your stock Busa bro. stock is slow and boring!

and don't you have to be caught to get a Felony Charge......:firing::race:

So, just curious? You push 330 hp on highways in the continental US using 5th and 6th gear all the time? Really?
Come ride with us some day, I'll be on my stock Busa chasing these guys when they are state-side with their POS 600's We will wait for you at each 10th turn. Even if you keep up, you will have less chance of ending up losing your current profession due to a felony charge.

I read through some of the comments on that thread, and it's kinda sad how many people have these bikes and don't seem to use them as designed. I'm sure there are many reasons why some guys don't get after it on their bikes, but I have zero understanding of any of it. If I have a land based missile at my disposal I'll be damned if I'm not going to ride it accordingly.

Well this thread is why we won't have a 300 hp Gen 3. People who will use it will either kill themselves or force the government to limit power. People who don't use it will be pushed on to another bike. I know people with stretched, lowered busas who haven't seen 100 mph in awhile! Such is Suzuki's dilemma .....

yea Really! and no I push over 400 hp usually but have it tuned very safe now at 385 hp and you keep referring to a 600 handling against a Busa. Bro no one CARES what a 600 will do ANYWHERE. their lame and for GIRLS to ride and no offense but no one cares about your stock Busa bro. stock is slow and boring!

and don't you have to be caught to get a Felony Charge......:firing::race:
Bret, with all respect I believe you are a poser.
Earlier you said full boost is programmed only for 5th and 6th gear....
You do not know what a kW is and you do not understand how it is mathematically derived. You don't know how to convert torque in Nm to kW. In short, you do not understand what power in hp really is.
If you are doing 385hp which relates to 287kW all the time on continental highways, you will be North of 250mph and you say you do it all the time?
You probably do not understand that to use all of 385hp on a Busa in 5th or 6th, you will be close to peak RPM in 5th or 6th with gearing changes to reach those 250+ mph speeds, otherwise the only place that power was ever posted was on a dyno.
Post up your Land Speed Record event times and maybe someone here will believe you, but I know BS when I see it.

Last edited:
I didn't read it as him riding 5th, 6th wide open. Rather that he runs it hard in those gears.
In 5th or 6th at highway speeds, the Busa picks up pretty quick.
I imagine that double the hp is even better, and alot of fun. Fun being what he's talking about. Quick bursts of speed, and even faster acceleration than already fast stock.
I also don't see how you can "respectfully" call him a "poser" either, lol. Which I don't belive is true.:beerchug:

This is what I got out of this conversation.

Jellyrug posted that the power of current road bikes is far beyond available traction, unless it is straight line, or severely limited. (There is no arguing against this!) GNBRETT's next statement was "that simply isn't true." Then he phrased all of his arguments in terms of making maneuvers on the road at his bike's peak power. Example: "hooked up like velcro even at 330 hp." ===> This is very specific. And impossible.

GNBRETT, it is confusing when you talk about what you are doing and using the engine's peak power numbers. For example, if you are riding around the curves very gingerly at 70 HP, it is not meaningful to say that the bike is tractable at 330 HP, just because when the throttle is all the way around the bike produces 330 HP.

I did learn something: "Velcro" is a trademark and thus it should be capitalized!

^^^^
What I got from Bret is that he uses all of 385hp on the street which is absolute BS.

He is confusing power with torque.

Technically what is happening with the turbo guys is that they have a whole bunch of

Jellyrug posted that the power of current road bikes is far beyond available traction, unless it is straight line, or severely limited. (There is no arguing against this!) GNBRETT's next statement was "that simply isn't true." Then he phrased all of his arguments in terms of making maneuvers on the road at his bike's peak power. Example: "hooked up like velcro even at 330 hp." ===> This is very specific. And impossible.

GNBRETT, it is confusing when you talk about what you are doing and using the engine's peak power numbers. For example, if you are riding around the curves very gingerly at 70 HP, it is not meaningful to say that the bike is tractable at 330 HP, just because when the throttle is all the way around the bike produces 330 HP.

I did learn something: "Velcro" is a trademark and thus it should be capitalized!
^^^^
What I got from Bret, not once but several times is that he can use all of 330+ hp on the street, which is absolute BS. Vale won't be able to do that with his 240hp MotoGP bike.
Bret lacks a bit of automotive engineering knowledge. Maybe (I doubt it though) his bike posted 385hp on a dyno. But if he has never done the mile, or 2 mile LSR or Bonneville I seriously doubt that bike ever reached 385 hp on the street. He says he does it all the time.

Bret is confusing Torque with HP. It is possible that he is putting out the same power at 4000 RPM in 4th gear compared to what my stock Busa is making close to red line in 2nd gear (I am guessing) but there is no way he is pushing almost 400hp on the street. The power he perceives is a whole bunch of torque.

So in short, telling us that he uses all the power of his 385hp bike on the street he is either a Poser, or has a lack of technical understanding.

BTW, I have done a whole lot of turbo work with my previous employer, who today pushes out 870hp on a 1600cc motor. They are using technology the motorcycle world has never seen.

Last edited:
^^^^
What I got from Bret is that he uses all of 385hp on the street which is absolute BS.

Technically what is happening with the turbo guys is that they have a whole bunch of

^^^^
What I got from Bret, not once but several times is that he can use all of 330+ hp on the street, which is absolute BS. Vale won't be able to do that with his 240hp MotoGP bike.
Bret lacks a bit of automotive engineering knowledge. Maybe (I doubt it though) his bike posted 385hp on a dyno. But if he has never done the mile, or 2 mile LSR or Bonneville I seriously doubt that bike ever reached 385 hp on the street. He says he does it all the time.

Bret is confusing Torque with HP. It is possible that he is putting out the same power at 4000 RPM in 4th gear compared to what my stock Busa is making close to red line in 2nd gear (I am guessing) but there is no way he is pushing almost 400hp on the street. The power he perceives is a whole bunch of torque.

So in short, telling us that he uses all the power of his 385hp bike on the street he is either a Poser, or has a lack of technical understanding.

BTW, I have done a whole lot of turbo work with my previous employer, who today pushes out 870hp on a 1600cc motor. They are using technology the motorcycle world has never seen.

This argument is petty and just turned in to a swinging contest.

^^^^

^^^^

Hi all. Well what is the tech we have not seen? BMW putout over 1200 HP from 1500 cc over 30 years ago!

OMG dude really? That whole post made LOL..... literally! Why do u think riding with 385 hp on the street is BS? lol Bro the bike is de-tuned to 385 hp.
I was riding with a lot more last year and yea I do it all the time. when you REDLINE in all 5th and 6th gear at MAX boost yes I am hitting FULL
Power with my bike unless you think MAX power is accomplished some other way.

and the bike will make more then 600 hp but we stopped pulling at 550 hp cause I didn't see the need in pushing the motor that hard
but the dyno graph clearly shows the power was climbing Fast!

I don't need a mile to reach full boost and in case you don't know what FULL Boost means it means FULL Power!

I guess if I owned a stock bike I wud have a hard time swallowing someone making and using 385 hp on the street as well but bro you sound really
ignorant.

and Rossi has no boost controller, and Rossi is on a stock WB bike which means he prone to doing wheelies, and Rossi isn't lowered cause lowered
bikes don't handle well.

well this guy is a member here and when he raced on the hi-way he was making 425 hp. do u see his wheel coming up ever! this is a hi-way pull like I have
done thousands of times..... ya know the ones you call BS!

bro, b4 you start questioning the validity of whether or not someone can ride 400+ hp on the street I wud suggest
you go for a ride on one b4 you knock it! Maybe this guy is BS and he's really not racing and being beat by a 1800 hp Lambo!

^^^^

^^^^

OMG dude really? That whole post made LOL..... literally! Why do u think riding with 385 hp on the street is BS? lol Bro the bike is de-tuned to 385 hp.
I was riding with a lot more last year and yea I do it all the time. when you REDLINE in all 5th and 6th gear at MAX boost yes I am hitting FULL
Power with my bike unless you think MAX power is accomplished some other way.

and the bike will make more then 600 hp but we stopped pulling at 550 hp cause I didn't see the need in pushing the motor that hard
but the dyno graph clearly shows the power was climbing Fast!

I don't need a mile to reach full boost and in case you don't know what FULL Boost means it means FULL Power!

I guess if I owned a stock bike I wud have a hard time swallowing someone making and using 385 hp on the street as well but bro you sound really
ignorant.

and Rossi has no boost controller, and Rossi is on a stock WB bike which means he prone to doing wheelies, and Rossi isn't lowered cause lowered
bikes don't handle well.

well this guy is a member here and when he raced on the hi-way he was making 425 hp. do u see his wheel coming up ever! this is a hi-way pull like I have
done thousands of times..... ya know the ones you call BS!

bro, b4 you start questioning the validity of whether or not someone can ride 400+ hp on the street I wud suggest
you go for a ride on one b4 you knock it! Maybe this guy is BS and he's really not racing and being beat by a 1800 hp Lambo!

OK Bret, my apologies I got a bit carried away.

You are a far superior rider and bike handler than I could wish to ever be. I still find my stock Busa's power a bit of a hand-full on the street and will never be able to do what you do. Also, I have a few professional licences to protect and that scares me away from trying to even attempt what you do every day in pulblic, with the fear of being prosecuted. I concede, you are a much better man than me.

I'm saying it simply isn't true that making 400 hp will cause you tires to spin on the street. thats utter BS! if you have a boost controller like I do
(AMS 2000) and you have a sticky tire like a (Power 1) and you have a drag shock that PLANTS the tire like I do then no you will not spin on the street!

I never stated the bike will handle a corner with 330 hp. I stated the bike will hook like Velcro. A Turbo bike stretched with a drab shock and boost
controller will yes hook like velcro going straight down the road. I'm not sure where people are getting that I believe one is going to go into a corner
at 330 hp. I never said anything about the handling of the bike. that was all Jellyrug.

I cud give poop wat the bike does in the corner just as Rossi cud give a poop wat his bike does at the drag strip cause his bike is not built or designed
for that but Suzuki cud easily produce a bike making 250 with Turbo's. easily! the H2 makes 230 hp from the factory with FORCED INDUCTION!
IDN why ppl thing Suzuki producing a FORCED INDUCTED bike at 250 hp is unbelievable!

watever Suzuki comes out with will absolutely make more power the H2 does.

like I said I wud probably have hard time swallowing that as well. in fact, wen I first got my bike all I cud think about was watching them dudes
ride out of the dealership not respecting the power and flip it and fall on their ass lol but to my surprise with a properly built and set up bike you will not
spin. unless u dump the clutch then yea ill spin forever lol

I have actually decided to build my Turbo Mustang up and have decided to part with my Turbo bike. Jus time to move on. Mite wait to see wat the Gen III
has to offer and tinker with that in a year or so. Im sure Richard at RCC Turbo will have a Turbo kit for that asap. OR maybe it will come with a Turbo kit.

I guess they cud do a NA at like 1500cc or something but at some point forced induction is the only real way to make power without over heating imo. its
not like its an 8 cylinder.

yea the whole losing the license thing is nothn to take lightly I agree

OK Bret, my apologies I got a bit carried away.

You are a far superior rider and bike handler than I could wish to ever be. I still find my stock Busa's power a bit of a hand-full on the street and will never be able to do what you do.

This thread is hilarious. One person is talking about riding on the street and at the drag strip, and somehow another person starts bringing up racetracks and 600's.
I'm sorry for you if you bought a Busa and haven't opened it up or driven WOT. You don't know what you're missing. And everyone who builds a turbo usually tires of it quickly and wants more power. I'm bored of the stock Busa and am planning on a turbo kit for the spring. There are tons of videos of built turbo busa's on the street using all their power.
I got a headache from reading some of this...

This thread is hilarious. One person is talking about riding on the street and at the drag strip, and somehow another person starts bringing up racetracks and 600's.
I'm sorry for you if you bought a Busa and haven't opened it up or driven WOT. You don't know what you're missing. And everyone who builds a turbo usually tires of it quickly and wants more power. I'm bored of the stock Busa and am planning on a turbo kit for the spring. There are tons of videos of built turbo busa's on the street using all their power.
I got a headache from reading some of this...
Brett and jelly sitting in a tree.......................

This has nothing solid to do with a new Hayabusa per se, but Suzuki just announced a new 40 acre factory in Hamamatsu dedicated almost entirely to motorcycle production. The Hayabusa is mentioned at the very end, but most importantly it shows a renewed focus from Suzuki on the future of its motorcycle brand. That is good news to all us fans of the big S.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/suzukis-factory-big-deal/

Back