More Rumors, Turbo For 2019

that simply isn't true. I use to ride my bike on the street being 3 inches over stock and making 330 whp. I cud whip around with it jus like any other Busa could. and it didn't matter where I rode. had a Shinko hook up on it and it hooked like velcro even at 330 hp so 250 would be a joke actually. didn't spin the tire at all! and never pulled the wheel up. if you can control the boost properly you will have none of those issues.

so to say the only place 250 hp is gonna be ridden is at the track or a straight line is non sense. first of all 250 hp is NOT a lot of hp. I got bored with 250 hp years ago. I also got bored with 330 hp as you would to if you rode a fast bike all the time.

the H2 makes 270 whp with a few simply bolt ons and remapping of the computer and ppl whip around on those all the time and even take them to the roundy round track and drive in circles for hours.
Would love to see you push 330hp to the back wheel while in first gear

you think I make 330 hp in 1st gear? um no! cause if I did I would be on my back. the boost gets controlled as I go thru the gears. 1st gear was I think 5 lbs of boost. 330 hp was at 20 lbs of boost going into 5th and 6th gear.

Would love to see you push 330hp to the back wheel while in first gear

All I can see is variable valve timing + electrics, slightly different bodywork, basically copycating the gsxr1000 or even using the same electric trickery. They need to keep the price down or could the busa even be killed off?

you think I make 330 hp in 1st gear? um no! cause if I did I would be on my back. the boost gets controlled as I go thru the gears. 1st gear was I think 5 lbs of boost. 330 hp was at 20 lbs of boost going into 5th and 6th gear.
3" Stretched, 330hp and a 600 Gixxer will post much better times around any GP track. Not for me, but to each their own.

IMHO if Suzuki had to market something with that length wheelbase, irrespective of hp., sales would be extremely limited.

Last edited:
There are also some problems with stretched/lowered bikes and how they handle. I think that's why I can't remember a factory selling a stretched bike (could be wrong). Liability issue. More likely is a long wheelbase bike with electronics to control power. Liter sport bikes are getting longer to respond to the 200 hp motors. My buddy and I were shocked putting the bikes in his truck to realize that his Ducati 1199 was only a fraction of an inch shorter than my Busa! That doesn't mean Suzuki can't be the first to step across this line too. A big percentage of the busa and Gixxer crowd stretches the bike right out of the showroom. I'm sure they could make the stretched and lowered look safer for a bike sold to the general public. But still that's a very small crowd and producing a bike that has so many limits for general use is a pretty questionable business strategy.

lol really? a 600 gixxer will perform better times at a GP track then a stretched Busa with a Turbo Kit on it? ur kidding! wow learn somthn new every day..... if you have never rode one how do you know its not for you? not sure why u think Suzuki wud need to market it stretched.

at 250hp with a decent boost controller you will NEVER lift the front wheel unless ur trying really hard! bro 250 hp jus aint much hp these days and will be standard on ur high HP bikes in less then 10 years guaranteed!

you seem to forget that the Motorcycles, jet-skis, Sleds are ALL going to forced induction which mean their ability to make hp is great! the latest Jet-ski's are over 300 hp! and you think bikes won't be there some day? cmon....

a standard turbo kit for a Busa will make 270 hp easily. you can put that on a stock bike with a stock WB with a decent BC and still do all the poop u cud do before but with a lot more fun! AND its terribly reliable! so what makes u think the factory can't do that and de-tune it to 250 hp?

3" Stretched, 330hp and a 600 Gixxer will post much better times around any GP track. Not for me, but to each their own.

IMHO if Suzuki had to market something with that length wheelbase, irrespective of hp., sales would be extremely limited.

lol really? a 600 gixxer will perform better times at a GP track then a stretched Busa with a Turbo Kit on it? ur kidding! wow learn somthn new every day..... if you have never rode one how do you know its not for you? not sure why u think Suzuki wud need to market it stretched.

at 250hp with a decent boost controller you will NEVER lift the front wheel unless ur trying really hard! bro 250 hp jus aint much hp these days and will be standard on ur high HP bikes in less then 10 years guaranteed!

you seem to forget that the Motorcycles, jet-skis, Sleds are ALL going to forced induction which mean their ability to make hp is great! the latest Jet-ski's are over 300 hp! and you think bikes won't be there some day? cmon....

a standard turbo kit for a Busa will make 270 hp easily. you can put that on a stock bike with a stock WB with a decent BC and still do all the poop u cud do before but with a lot more fun! AND its terribly reliable! so what makes u think the factory can't do that and de-tune it to 250 hp?

No question about it, in fact on a track such as West Virginia Shenandoah the 600's consistently post better times than the 1k bikes. Tell you what, with your wheelbase approaching 62" a Kawi 250 Ninja will spank you on some circuits. Shoot, that wheelbase is more than 5'!!!

On the Dragon, I am pretty sure I will spank you with my dirtbike using Supermoto rubber.

In a previous post you mentioned you only use full power (full boost) in 5th and 6th. Where do you do that on the street? Some race tracks you will never get out of 3rd.

I may be wrong, but it suggests you do not like using the gearbox, torque is your friend and you like doing things in a straight line.

Rossi's bike only makes 240hp and lifts the front out of every corner. You gonna ride away from him also? Ya think that is boring as well as you posted earlier? 340km/h down a short circuit straight is boring?

Last edited:
There are also some problems with stretched/lowered bikes and how they handle. I think that's why I can't remember a factory selling a stretched bike (could be wrong). Liability issue. More likely is a long wheelbase bike with electronics to control power. Liter sport bikes are getting longer to respond to the 200 hp motors. My buddy and I were shocked putting the bikes in his truck to realize that his Ducati 1199 was only a fraction of an inch shorter than my Busa! That doesn't mean Suzuki can't be the first to step across this line too. A big percentage of the busa and Gixxer crowd stretches the bike right out of the showroom. I'm sure they could make the stretched and lowered look safer for a bike sold to the general public. But still that's a very small crowd and producing a bike that has so many limits for general use is a pretty questionable business strategy.
Wheelbase:
Ducati Panigale 1190R = 56.77"
2017 GSXR1000R = 55.90"
Hayabusa = 58.30"
GSXR600 = 54.53"

^^^^^^
Before I sold my 600, compared to the Busa, the 600 was a bike I could use ALL of it's available power. Could never do that with the Busa.

When folks tell you they have 330hp and they use all of it on the street, I just smile. Unless these folks post LSR times, my guess is the only time those bikes ever put out full power was on the dyno.
If someone tells you they are using all of 330 hp in 5th and 6th gear on the street, ask them at which dyno RPM that power was delivered? My guess is 10,000+RPM. Then ask them where were they riding in 5th and 6th gear full throttle, full boost 11,000 RPM on the street. My guess is it never happened.

One has to accept the fact, that the best 1/4 mile times posted by a 100% stock Busa was just above the mid 9 seconds almost 20 years ago. The new H2 bone stock posts around 9.6 seconds with electronic assistance. All the new super 1K bikes are not significantly better neither is the ZX14.

So, my guess is that if this progress was made in 20 years, don't expect miracles in the next 20 years.

Miracles are coming in the next 20 years...and much sooner.
Factory turbos on anything are more and more common.
But, once electric takes over, those big hp numbers are even easier to obtain.
And, no disrespect, but if you cannot use all of a stock Busa's power on the street, then you need practice. Because it is most certainly easy to do, and there are many a rider better than me.

I doubt suszuki does anything forced induction. What have they done recent? I was curious so looked didnt see anything real. They don't make PWC, snowmobiles, and didn't see any cars with turbos. All I could find is 2014 one year a motor for artic cat.

And, no disrespect, but if you cannot use all of a stock Busa's power on the street, then you need practice. Because it is most certainly easy to do, and there are many a rider better than me.

So true on the eletric. Right now how much $$$ do you have to spend to buy a car faster then a Telsa

Are you one of the 3.6% Linky?
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/full-throttle-through-1st-2nd.149188/

This may or may not be interesting but I'm a pretty big guy. At one point I hit 366 lbs with gear and the Busa was a pretty tame beast even at WOT. Lean a little forward and the front end would hover 4-6 inches off the ground for as long as you held the throttle open in 1st & 2nd, sometimes even 3rd. Also the rear wheel never spun (unless I did it on purpose), too much butt preload I guess. Now I'm about 289 lbs with gear and the bike would flip if I rode it like I used too. At 356 lbs + I would have said I could use 300 hp. but at 289 and hopefully less soon, the bike is a beast and crazy fast. When I see people who tip the scales at less than 160 I think the Busa must feel like a Saturn V rocket booster!

Bro WTF are u talking about? where did u get this notion that a 600 cc bike is gonna be out handled by a stretched Turbo Busa? the only person talking about racing a Turbo busa on a GP track is YOU!

where do I use 5th and 6th gear? are u serious? ummm how bout on just about any hi-way in the continental United States..... wow really does indicate that you simply have never been on a fast bike!

and bro no offense but no one gives a poop about going round and round a track for hours in circles. could care fukn less about that and so could 99% of the people owning and riding a Busa. We all bought Busa's cause they were fast and long right from the factory. no one bought a Busa to go to the GP track smh. lmao where do u get this poop from?

and I've had plenty of liter bikes and did the "I think I'm Rossi thing" and carved corners with my buddies for years. it got BORING! I wanted to go FAST! which is why I prefer the DRAG track or the street.

see u can't go to the drag strip or the street and compete with a POS 600 cc bike and do anything with it. yea ur bike actually needs to be making POWER to compete at the drag strip and on the street against other bikes and CARS!

No question about it, in fact on a track such as West Virginia Shenandoah the 600's consistently post better times than the 1k bikes. Tell you what, with your wheelbase approaching 62" a Kawi 250 Ninja will spank you on some circuits. Shoot, that wheelbase is more than 5'!!!

On the Dragon, I am pretty sure I will spank you with my dirtbike using Supermoto rubber.

In a previous post you mentioned you only use full power (full boost) in 5th and 6th. Where do you do that on the street? Some race tracks you will never get out of 3rd.

I may be wrong, but it suggests you do not like using the gearbox, torque is your friend and you like doing things in a straight line.

Rossi's bike only makes 240hp and lifts the front out of every corner. You gonna ride away from him also? Ya think that is boring as well as you posted earlier? 340km/h down a short circuit straight is boring?

Well to each his own but track days are fun as heck. Much more fun than dodging crazy cagers and cops too. The busa is actually a decent track bike if you are just looking to have fun. It's never going to get around a track with a liter bike or even a well piloted 600 in the turns. But it is super stable and when things straighten out a little it can sneak up on the little bastards that just wizzed by in the last turn. One reason I'm not turbo now is I just don't know how I would use the power. Most of my riding now is what I call sporty touring, so the Busa is the perfect tool as is. I love turbos and superchargers and would love to get to understand all of the tech involved - really cool stuff. But the Busa is a master of the back road. Fix the brakes and suspension, add a full exhaust for sound and free breathing and it's pretty hard to beat.

where do I use 5th and 6th gear? are u serious? ummm how bout on just about any hi-way in the continental United States..... wow really does indicate that you simply have never been on a fast bike!
So, just curious? You push 330 hp on highways in the continental US using 5th and 6th gear all the time? Really?
Come ride with us some day, I'll be on my stock Busa chasing these guys when they are state-side with their POS 600's We will wait for you at each 10th turn. Even if you keep up, you will have less chance of ending up losing your current profession due to a felony charge.

Back