More power at low rpm

grilias

Registered
i have heard that is a very simple mod in the ram-air box ,or somewhere near it,that gives you more power at low rpm, and especially at low gears( first,second and third).
i also heard it takes no special tools or fearther michanisms.
Have anybody have an idea about that easy mod?

not me
rock.gif

I believe it's called the "Airbox mod"...

You disconnect something I believe... Not too sure. Haven't done it (Don't have a busa). I know someone smart will chime in.
wink.gif

Normally the airbox mod, or smallbox, or whatever its called, and it actually takes away some torque to gain HP. And its associated with the flapper valve.

I believe what you're looking for is associated with the velocity stacks.  Stock has 2 tall and 2 short stacks.  If you make all 4 tall or all 4 short you might get what you're looking for at the expense of HP off the top end.  Sorry, I can't remember if you want them tall or short.

Someone else on this board should know.  Maybe try PMing johnnycheese

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142731450 -->

This link may help.. I haven't performed the mod but this is what I found.

Welcome to the Org
beerchug.gif

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142732043 -->

For MAX torque-- leave the airbox STOCK--- I believe the taller velocity stacks also would give more T. I did the small airbox mod-- cut out the floor or the airbox-- kinda wish i hadn't-- Rode her Yesterday--- Good Gawd Ya'll ------ 7000 to redline even at 5000 feet---just rips= pure love of the Beast
tounge.gif
Probably lost abit down low--- no biggy -- happy happy joy joy
biggrin.gif

This link may help.. I haven't performed the mod but this is what I found.

Welcome to the Org
beerchug.gif
Don't do this, this takes away low rpm torque and gives more hp on the top end.

grilias wants more torque on the bottom end!

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142734780 -->

i have heard that is a very simple mod in the ram-air box ,or somewhere near it,that gives you more power at low rpm, and especially at low gears( first,second and third).
i also heard it takes no special tools or fearther michanisms.
Have anybody have an idea about that easy mod?
Your best bet's to drop a tooth on your front sprocket or go up 2-3 on the rear for more 1st through 3rd acceleration. Anything else is gonna sacrifice power up top.

I think what he is talking about is sealing the foam between the intake tubes and the airbox itself. Ive seen people seal them up with heavy duty tape. I theory it would work best at high speed where there is more air pressure entering the airbox and less air can escape through the soft foam and force more air into the stacks.

I think what he is talking about is sealing the foam between the intake tubes and the airbox itself. Ive seen people seal them up with heavy duty tape. I theory it would work best at high speed where there is more air pressure entering the airbox and less air can escape through the soft foam and force more air into the stacks.
but that's not going to help for low end torque, no ram air to speak of at those speeds...

I think you are talking about the Marble Mod. It takes care of the Pair valve . Just take off the piar valve airhose on the bootom of the airbox and put a marble in it and then put it back on.

but that's not going to help for low end torque, no ram air to speak of at those speeds...
I agree 100%. But it may be what he is talking about.

This is what he's asking for; its from the first post on this thread;

"that gives you more power at low rpm, and especially at low gears( first,second and third)."

Back