More paint prep...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Worked on my painter front fender today. More soap, water, and raw fingers from all the wet sanding.
wink.gif
Thought I'd post a before and after pic of the fender. After all, I am the board/bored photo slut!
biggrin.gif

Enjoy...

Before:

30542578.jpg

After:

30542579.jpg

lookin good....now get at that tail section & fairings

lookin good....now get at that tail section & fairings
Yeah, the tail section is next, then the upper, then the tank. The lowers will be done last because I'm paintin' my stock ones. I won't take 'em off and start prep on them until everything else is done and I'm ready to paint. Can't have 'er down too long during ridin' season!
wink.gif
If I had painter lowers it wouldn't matter. Don't have any though.

Looks like you left some elbow grease on the chair there....Great job Train!! Hey did you get your upper yet?

Dan

I know that fender from somewhere? Looks good though, BT!

Looks like you left some elbow grease on the chair there....Great job Train!! Hey did you get your upper yet?

Dan
Nah, I ran out of elbow grease. The white stuff on my stool is paint drippings from when I used it to paint trim in my house when I built it.
wink.gif
The upper hasn't got here yet. Should be here any day though. Prolly today.
wink.gif

wink.gif

I know that fender from somewhere?  Looks good though, BT!
I think maybe that one was the one I got from you. Not sure though. I've ended up with several damaged black front fenders. I've lost track of which one came from who!
rock.gif

Didn't the one I got from you have some fairly deep scratches in the paint where the circled spot is on the fender in this pic?
rock.gif
I'm thinkin' so...

prep_20_b.jpg

rock.gif

Yippee!! You're starting to paint! Looks good...so, when can I run my Busa down and drop him off for some PINK paint?!
tounge.gif

Yippee!!  You're starting to paint!  Looks good...so, when can I run my Busa down and drop him off for some PINK paint?!  
tounge.gif
As soon as I get the flower stencils in that I ordered for your paint job you can send it on down.
wink.gif
You did see the other thread with my prep pics in it, right?
rock.gif
Hmmm, maybe you didn't. I just looked back at it and you never replied. I assume that means you didn't see it...
rock.gif

for the first paint prep thread showin' prep work on the other pieces.

rock.gif

Yippee!!  You're starting to paint!  Looks good...so, when can I run my Busa down and drop him off for some PINK paint?!  
tounge.gif
As soon as I get the flower stencils in that I ordered for your paint job you can send it on down.
wink.gif
You did see the other thread with my prep pics in it, right?
rock.gif
Hmmm, maybe you didn't. I just looked back at it and you never replied. I assume that means you didn't see it...
rock.gif

for the first paint prep thread showin' prep work on the other pieces.
Hey, I will need some ideas here...I am really thinking about adding some "sort of pink" color to my Busa...I've gotten so I really want people to know it's a girl on that bike, and I'm kind of sick of my husband stealing my Busa (he stole it to ride to work today)...figure one or two comments about a guy on a pink bike ought to fix that!
laugh.gif

I'm not a PINK girl, but I'm starting to envision some very subtle pink paint along side the stock silver color...same paint scheme, just replace that dark silver with something orangy-pink...I've already told Revlis I'd like for him to work on that for me with PhotoShop (when he's very bored)...

Don't know about the flowers though BT...I'm not at that point yet!
tounge.gif

rock.gif

tounge.gif

Hey Va, why not a "Barbie" Busa?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
I'll bet your husband won't even ride with you then...
laugh.gif

Hey Va, why not a "Barbie" Busa?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
 I'll bet your husband won't even ride with you then...
laugh.gif
Dang, bro! That was supposed to be our little secret. She was supposed to be surprised by the Barbie theme when she picked the bike up from my shop.
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Ha ha fellas...I am so anti-Barbie it's not funny...I was never a "Barbie kind of girl"...I had the Charlie's Angels dolls and super secret agent townhouse, thank you!
tounge.gif

So, please, spare me the Barbie theme, will ya?!
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

Back