More High Voltage-Copper and Silver Style

OB_JRBusa

Registered
A month ago, I had no idea I would own a Busa, but my wife talked me into it the friday before bike week. I bought the Busa used Monday two weeks ago and was in Daytona the following Tuesday. Put 1200 miles on my one owner bike, a Copper and Silver one with 4.1K miles. A preacher had owned it and it was absolutely perfect. Like a new bike. Not a scratch anywhere. Even the windshield was perfect. He had just changed the oil with $7.00 a quart Amsoil. I used to bracket race a 8.8 second 81 GS 1260 drag bike every weekend for 6 years, and have owned some big bore GS 1100 street bikes so I know a little about hp and drag times. I am impressed with the way the Busa charges from 100 on and doesn't seem to wheelie as bad as most sportbikes and should allow the rider to generate some pretty decent 60 ft times. As far as the ZX 12 being a threat, it will be very short lived for most Busa owners as the hp and handling potential of the Busa will surely exceed anything the Cowgirls can come up with. Just go to most any drag strip and you will see that 70 to 80% of the bikes present will be Suzuki's of some descript. Suzuki rules the straight lanes as anyone with balls can see. I really do appreciate the informative messages but I am a little confused about some of the dyno readings I have been seeing but I believe the track is the best dyno. My bike dynoed out 146 hp with the dyno operator sayin that the most he had seen from a stock Busa on his dyno was 149. He was usuing a Dynojet 248E automotive type. An R1 right behind me generated 126 hp. Seems there are some descrepancies between dyno reading. I donno all the history behind this bike but I do know that it has the updated timing chain tensioner, which I will surely replace with a manual one soon. I do have one low note on this bike. The tranny shifting action sucks bad. Seems major gear dog modification is gonna be a necessity for me to be satisfied with it. And while I got the motor out of it I might as well........ . . . . . .

Jr, Factory Pro has a shift kit for the Busa.

Check with the vin# on your bike and see with the dealer if the 108,109 service bulletins were done. They regard a fuel cut out problem that is related to oxegenated fuel additive plugging the screens in the petcock and fuel pump.

Email me and I will send you the bulletins

COPPER is faster!

Michael at Hemillard@snet.net

Back