More "HD irony"

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
So....to refresh...as I previously stated in numerous other threads..I work as a machinist in a shop that is comprised of 75% riders...of them only I and our lone Duc riding young engineer ride other than..HD's..of those HD riders approx. 1/2 dozen of'em are the real deal while the other 50% are merely weekend warriors.

Tonight is bike night and there's two of'em in my area on any given thursday night...one about 10 miles south that's sportsbike based and one about 10 miles north of me that's primarily HD based...and of those 6 real deal HD riders who normally attempt to make every bike night in my shop?...here's todays scorecard concerning bike night attendance...

(2) of the (6) Can and are going.

(1) Can't go because he got drunk last week and hit a curb with his bicycle spoke front wheel that's still at a wheel shop somewhere's getting "True'd Back Up".

(1) Can't go because the splines on his shifter input shaft (of his "Road King Police") are stripped off and it's so loose it doesn't always shift as told.

(1) Can't go because for some reason his HD soft-tail lowrider won't fire up and he hasn't figured out why yet.

and finally?...

(1) WON'T GO because he just got placed on probation last week for a drug posession charge and he's to nervous to attend because he ain't supposed to leave the house except for work and grocerys.

The other six are just homer wannabees that don't normally attend anyways...but what a freaking run down eh?...and definantly...a "Random Thought" I had today.

I find it ironic because back in the day I was quite the stoner bad boy myself..and everybody always wondered why I never owned a Harley...some even ask...and when they do?..I tell'em that I never owned a HD for two reasons...

1. Back when I was an up and comer?..waaaay before the internet...actually before computers in general..our little local gang used to get together to ride quite frequently...and quite frequently?..our rides would come to abrupt and ugly ends because somebodys freaking HD broke down and..

2. Cause I like to ride...a lot.
tounge.gif

Now...I have nothing against HD's or those who own and ride them...but damn man.
laugh.gif

On another note?..my Boss got a good belly laugh over-hearing a real short conversation that today when one of the HD riders asked me as I was leaving work for my ride home...

"Jinks! WTF is that thing on top of your head?"

(Referencing my helmet)

My spontaneous answer?: "INTELLIGENCE!"

The boss was roll'in!
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Poor guys, gotta be hell seein you pull up on that Busa EVERYday. I'm sure they're waiting for the day she let's you down, it'll never happen.
smile.gif

Funny! That's why I've learned to ride mostly by myself ... go when, where, how, and why you want.

Funny!  That's why I've learned to ride mostly by myself ... go when, where, how, and why you want.
exactly '05....and from as far back as I can remember...over 30 years ago in my first days of riding...the big appeal...and what drew me like a magnet to motocycles was...

"The Sense Of Unihibited Freedom"

they afforded me...and even today...at nearly 48 years old?...everytime I through my leg over my bike and twist the key?....I feel like I'm 16 all over again...everytime.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Although I find your thread humorous,I have owned and still own Harleys and they always start and run for me...
Now the old 'toilets' of the 70's is another thing

I remember a ride I went on in '95 - it was me and momma 2up on my Gixxer 6 headed towards Rolling Thunder in D.C. We were with 7 harleys, and we kept getting all kinds of Rice Burner comments - but ironically, we were the only ones who didn't break down on the way... Glad I was a bigger guy back then so I could help load them into the truck....
tounge.gif

Great answer
laugh.gif
I ride with some (when they make it) HD, and other cruisers... I am always up for a ride and I get similar answers all the time. I guess there are some of us that ride and some that like to say they do.

That's hysterical!
laugh.gif

I told Revlis this earlier this week, so Rev, scroll down...
smile.gif

Hubby and I stopped by a "biker bar" last Saturday...it was early in the evening, maybe 5:30ish...only about 10 HD's there, I pull up with the hubby on his new Road King and I'm on the Busa...well, the looks are always the same to me - they just stare me down as if I have absolutely no right to be there...we go in, get two sodas (hell, even hubby passed on his usual "just one beer") and went outside to enjoy the nice weather...

I'm surrounded by guys and gals, all wearing their HD shirts from around the world, all glancing over at me because I'm NOT wearing the HD shirt LOL ...I'd assume they also found us odd for not drinking beer...there wasn't a single person there that wasn't downing a long neck...I don't get it...never have, never will...most of 'em looked like they might be a few of Jinks guys!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back