More Dyno results...

Suzuki knows better than anyone..
It is what it is....
However this isn't a Suzuki Corp dyno....almost each and every dyno will give a different value, some generous and some less generous...

Suzuki themselves gave out a hp value and I believe what they sent out, I can't see them understating the value as this is what sells bikes these days...

If the gen 3 had more overall power than it's predecessor, Suzuki would be crowing that to the masses...

Mid range is handy, that's what made my Bandit so great, it had gobs of mid range.

I understand that, 6-day work weeks here so little time as always. Took a break for a while and when I heard a new Busa was coming I couldn't wait. I was hoping for a 1440cc+ but otherwise love pretty much everything they've done. I'm not planning another Turbo setup right now. Probably just keep it an all motor setup since I still have my Gen-2. Finally racing again and went 232mph back in May. Still want to join that 250+ club... :cool:
Congrats man! I need to start doing that again. I've got to hire some more people so I can have a life again.

No it wasn't cheap.. What I mean is show me another bike that isn't a Hayabusa that can make over 600rwhp and be daily driven like it's no big deal. The Hayabusa is the greatest bike ever made. You can do anything with it. I have one I daily ride with a hard bag with over 50k on it. I tour and ride to work on it. I have road it 500 miles this week already just for work. A few days I have rode to work, take the bag off, then ride to the dragon and drag a knee in the same day.
What hard bags are you using ?

What hard bags are you using ?
Givi top case.

Screenshot_20210708-130645_Instagram.jpg

However this isn't a Suzuki Corp dyno....almost each and every dyno will give a different value, some generous and some less generous...

Suzuki themselves gave out a hp value and I believe what they sent out, I can't see them understating the value as this is what sells bikes these days...

If the gen 3 had more overall power than it's predecessor, Suzuki would be crowing that to the masses...

Mid range is handy, that's what made my Bandit so great, it had gobs of mid range.
Just realized I'm stirring up an old conversation. I came across this post while searching for dyno results of stock gen 3 Hayabusa. I bought a brand new 2023 Hayabusa last April and due to a few upgrades I've done to it recently (Brocks full system, Sprint air filter, Carbonsmith Velocity Stacks), I had to get it tuned. The dyno results I got were 177 bhp @ 10.26k RPM so I was curious to know how much the bike made in bone stock form.

When I searched online to find out how much HP does a stock Gen 3 Hayabusa produce, I got a wide range of figures: 187.75 HP, 188 HP and an (acclaimed) 190 HP. These figures, based on what I'm getting on the street with the mods, seem to be far from the truth. Perhaps its the desert climate, where I'm based, that has produced lower HP output.

The most realistic dyno results I found online for the Gen 3 Hayabusa were posted by Rider Magazine, in their review of the 2022 Hayabusa. They quoted 172.90 HP @ 9.800 RPM on a rear wheel dyno (not sure what that is). The dyno test was conducted in California, so probably similar climate to what I have in Dubai (maybe less warmer, as the article was published in October). I found no mention of power output figures on Suzuki America's website.

Again, as you said, different dynos produce different results and the ambient temperatures also impact results. In any case, I'm happy with what I'm getting, as its sufficiently fast for me :D

A friend of mine bought a Gen 3 Busa. He had it on a dyno. Completely stock, mufflers and all. We live in North Dakota where I believe the elevation is 1,800 feet above sea level. Lower elevations should have higher dyno readings. 3 pulls and the highest reading was 159 horsepower. He was pretty disappointed, so was I. I have a 2012 ZX-14R with a Brock's Alien-head 2 and an ECU flash, that's it. 202 horsepower. I thought the Gen 3 would be a close race with my bike, but I guess not. Now he has a Yoshimura full exhaust, Sprint air filter, and different velocity stacks. He hasn't had it back on the dyno, but I'm curious to see what hp it gained. If he does, I'll let you know the results.

Lower elevations should have higher dyno readings. 3 pulls and the highest reading was 159 horsepower.

Notwithstanding that the number does appear low, different elevations should not appear differently as the final dyno report should be normalized for the air pressure in that location.

A friend of mine bought a Gen 3 Busa. He had it on a dyno. Completely stock, mufflers and all. We live in North Dakota where I believe the elevation is 1,800 feet above sea level. Lower elevations should have higher dyno readings. 3 pulls and the highest reading was 159 horsepower. He was pretty disappointed, so was I. I have a 2012 ZX-14R with a Brock's Alien-head 2 and an ECU flash, that's it. 202 horsepower. I thought the Gen 3 would be a close race with my bike, but I guess not. Now he has a Yoshimura full exhaust, Sprint air filter, and different velocity stacks. He hasn't had it back on the dyno, but I'm curious to see what hp it gained. If he does, I'll let you know the results.
How close to his run did you dyno your ZX?

How many miles on his bike? If everything isn't broke in, it will skew a dyno result...if everything is broke in, that dyno figure seems low although the gen 3 is supposed to be 10 peak hp lower than a gen 2 so it would equate as lots of stock gen 2s showed 170 (or so) hp on a dyno

Bumblebee, mine was dynoed a couple of years before his. It gained 7 hp with the Brocks pipe and another 6 hp with the ECU flash. I'd like to have it dyno tuned to get everything out of it, but I don't trust the 2 places here that do it. I sent the ECU to Nels 2wheeldynoworks to have it flashed. I just wish he was closer so I could get it dyno tuned by him. My friend has the Chris Moore flash.

Bumblebee, mine was dynoed a couple of years before his. It gained 7 hp with the Brocks pipe and another 6 hp with the ECU flash. I'd like to have it dyno tuned to get everything out of it, but I don't trust the 2 places here that do it. I sent the ECU to Nels 2wheeldynoworks to have it flashed. I just wish he was closer so I could get it dyno tuned by him. My friend has the Chris Moore flash.
I was thinking more along the lines of time....sometimes things happen with dynos and they go out of calibration and such....

However, I'd say his numbers are pretty much what is expected from a stock gen 3, they are pretty choked up out of the factory.

Back