Monitoring Fuel Pressure

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

How many of you guys have a fuel pressure gauge that you are monitoring while riding? Reason I ask is my bike is gonna be a track bike, and with the tiger racing gage mount that I have on the triple clamp, it would block my view of the tac while tucked. I am monitoring with a wego, but not fuel pressure.

Let me know your thoughts as I have a pressure gage hooked up, but it was to set the fuel pressure and I don't really have it routed anywhere. Just don't want something on the bike of that's not necessary all the time.

I wouldn't bother with the gauge. I have one on my bike but the only thing I do it make sure I have proper fuel pressure after starting the bike, and glance at it before I hold it wide open the first time. Too much other stuff going on to even think about watching it. By time you saw a drop in the gauge it's probably gonna be too late anyways.

As far as the tiger mount, I have no issue seeing my gauges. If for some reason you can't, stick a shift light on the bike then you won't have to look down at all. Thats my opinion though.

Last edited:
Thanks Rob. I kinda figured that. It may be because I'm a short guy that if I had a gauge in the left side I wouldn't be able to see it. Plus I'm using the factory shift light for the time being, and it's low on the dash.

I have one on my turbo bike as well. B careful where you mount it. If the guage comes off when you have the bike wide open, it will shoot fuel straight in your face.

I have one on my turbo bike as well. B careful where you mount it. If the guage comes off when you have the bike wide open, it will shoot fuel straight in your face.

It's never a good idea to run mechanical fuel gauges, specially on a bike. Too many people I know personally have lost bikes and cars because of line failures. We always suggest digital gauges. Steady reading, and when it comes to fuel pressure alls you do is mount the sender straight in to the fuel rail.

If you happen to have an Rcc rail this works great, and clears the tank.
ed120dea.jpg

1ccee4df.jpg

Also on the shop bike. Can't find the picture of it finished.
2b865900.jpg

that's a clean pressure gauge set up ,does the size of injectors or brand matter what you can use with a rcc fuel rail ?

Rubb.

Now that I'm going to be running the Fuel Tech, here's where I mounted my sensor on my RCC billet rail. Nice spot to tuck it out if the way. Don't mind the wires, I'm testing all connections this week, then it'll be cleaned up.

20200616_213353.jpg

With the AEM failsafe, you could have use the analog out V of the fuel pressure gauge to control in the AEM software to control the noids to decrease if you have a failure. Would it be fast enough? Not as fast as a fueltech for sure. I don't know, I am getting so tired of fuel system issues and the fix for everything that pisses me off is an aftermarket ecu. Pisses me to have to put one on a no prep bike that i didn't want to spend a bunch on but such is racing. Maybe a pnp ms3 pro or infinity or something. Ive not messed with an infinity but for the price its a nice option.

With the AEM failsafe, you could have use the analog out V of the fuel pressure gauge to control in the AEM software to control the noids to decrease if you have a failure. Would it be fast enough? Not as fast as a fueltech for sure. I don't know, I am getting so tired of fuel system issues and the fix for everything that pisses me off is an aftermarket ecu. Pisses me to have to put one on a no prep bike that i didn't want to spend a bunch on but such is racing. Maybe a pnp ms3 pro or infinity or something. Ive not messed with an infinity but for the price its a nice option.
Hi What do you think of Maxx ecu? It does every thing that I need it to do. I know a lot of very fast guys that run them.

Hi What do you think of Maxx ecu? It does every thing that I need it to do. I know a lot of very fast guys that run them.
From those that I have spoken with, they are great. Ive not done one myself. Ive only done installs on an m130 and an ms3pro. A guy over here has one in his and he just ran a 7.6 and hes only been working with that one for a year and learning as well. I have heard that one of the issues is if you get into a bind with a table, you have to call them and have them send you a configuration. That isn't much unlike my firmware in the motec. Only the designer can truly make big big changes (adding axis to tables, creating new tables that don't exist, etc.). But for the price, it seems nice. I havent messed with that software yet but of the ones that I have, the holley still seems the easiest. I mean I am not that great but I can still whip around the holley software and get somewhere plus Devin made over 100 videos on youtube that if you cant find an environment that you have a problem with in those, I would be hard pressed to believe it.

For what you are wanting to do, price is not applicable imho. Id go with a dominator or an FT600 pro wired in by DME or whoever. You are going to have sensors all over that thing, safeties for days, etc.

I was just talking with Dan at MPS today, they love it as well. For you I wouldn't go with the sport I would go with that model that has the egr. With what you put into your build, any little thing that might detect something before it comes apart would be insurance.

I was just talking with Dan at MPS today, they love it as well. For you I wouldn't go with the sport I would go with that model that has the egr. With what you put into your build, any little thing that might detect something before it comes apart would be insurance.
Hi. Eric at DAS will help with the install and he will do the tune. He is a dealer for Maxx. My CP Corrillo rods came in today.

Back