Money to spend

beenabusa

Registered
So I have had my bike for 4 months its an 08 orange and black busa, and was wondering what would be the first things to get? Was looking at exhaust and a fender eliminator looked at the yoshimura R-77 but have only heard it certain sites and cant really hear it clearly. So I have around $1500 was wondering if anyone could share any ideas. :beerchug:

That's a good exhaust. Brocks makes nice as well. You will find many opinions on this topic. It would be best if you could make a meet/greet and actually hear in person what you are looking at. M4 is another good one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brocks is the way to go. Best HP gain, best sounding exhaust, great looks, and most important, the best customer service with lots of map options.

PS. I had a Yoshi exhaust, no comparison to Brocks. The difference is very noticeable, not just in the sound but in the performance. If you have any questions for Brock, just send him an email at his web site and he will personally answer any questions that you may have.
brocksperformance.com

How about a radar detector? I recommend the Valentine One with earbud adaptor and a stem stand. Paid for itself many times over.:thumbsup:

It depends what your going for looks or performance: The exhuast is good for both but your going to drop most of that $1500 on that alone. But it is well worth it. are you going full or slip on? i would also recommend an HID light kit, very well worth the money if you do any night riding. A good Helmet is worth the money for sure. fender eliminator would look nice with the black outs for the rear tailights. these are some thing I would spend the money on. You will find out real quick that you can never stop spending there is always something you will want. Happy Spending, its all worth it to make you pony look and ride nice!!!:beerchug:

I have a Yosh r-77 on my 08 o/b and am very pleased overall. Not the BEST; certainly not the worst on the market; also reasonably priced in my mind.

fwiw - The one and only Brock megaphone pipe I have heard and ridden with and on a 08 zx14 was LOUD! We lined up to race - My 99 with a full muzzy - and I honestly couldn't even hear my bike; both were revved around the same 5G. We did several roll (alledgedly) on's as well - that pipe with a baffle is/ was loud.

As someone stated - with a pipe $1,500 won't be stretching too far elsewhere. Good luck with your decisions.

Last edited:
Well my bike is paid off i have a great gear and full covarage so now i have some extra to upgrade bike:thumbsup:. looks arent a big deal seeing the 08 looks great but it can never hurt:beerchug:

That's a good exhaust. Brocks makes nice as well. You will find many opinions on this topic. It would be best if you could make a meet/greet and actually hear in person what you are looking at. M4 is another good one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Everyone will have different opinions on exhaust systems but exhaust & a PCIIIUSB would be great start. Why don't you check with a couple of the sponsors for their recommendations or see if anyone can provide you with their dyno charts so you can see the proof of what they say. I have an '06 and went with mods recommended by GPW; Tuskigi Exhaust, PCIIIUSB, Airbox Mod & high flow air filter. Made just over 178 HP exactly where GPW said I would be!

:thumbsup:

exhaust will definately make the bike look better, but my 2cents would be to improve some of the other mentioned areas. H.I.D.'s are a must, i never thought they would be as great as everyone says...but i wont have another bike without them. undertail if you dont already have one, braided lines, tinted screen..etc but you wont go wrong no matter what you put on it:beerchug:

dude you could totally change the look of the bike with 1500, do all the little stuff instead of dropping it all on a single item

Back