Money for mods you have put into your bike?

buss

Banned
How much money for mods do you think u have put into your bike? And when ya think of all the money you put into your bike, do you feel guilty?

How much money for mods do you think u have put into your bike? And when ya think of all the money you put into your bike, do you feel guilty?

I kinda think its like a gambling habit, sometimes you spend money on your bike you don't have.

Less than $1k and the only thing I feel guilty about is only having 16k in miles on it.

I just sunk 4k this christmas on a 240 kit, shelling out another almost 1000 for a brocks this month, getting it painted this spring but thats a trade that works in my favor.I will have too much into it but I dont feel guilty because the bills are paid, mortgage is paid and those always come first and I do side work to pay for play.

Well over $15000, in mods for sure!
I dont even keep track!

I am at least close to $10k in mods alone. Some stuff I have sold to get better stuff so I'm just including the price of the newer stuff. Most of the little odds and end go fast parts add up quick. $200 here, $400 here adds up quick to get top quality parts. I am close to having enough spare parts that I could build another bike if I had a frame and motor.

I stopped counting a long time ago but I can tell you in the past two months I have spent around $4k

About 3 grand here. Little guilty as I told the "Boss" that it all was needed to keep my ride in good working order.
Like the "Performance Enhancement Kit". (40shot)
:laugh:

The little "guilt" that was felt all went away when she bought herself a new 2011 RS Camaro. So its' all good.

I'm on the way to much side but the time while riding is what makes it worth it

I have alot in mods..i try not to keep track of the mods i have just the ones im missing..lol
No i dont feel guilty...

I don't feel guilty because it comes out of my "play budget" and not my necessity budget.

I'm all about Dave Ramsey and getting out of debt: Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan - daveramsey.com

I held off for a while and once I got my ducks in a row, it was time to play a little. Now I'm working step 6/7.

If you are leasing everything, charging everything, don't have savings, insurance, etc...etc...LIVING PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK then you can't afford a motorcycle. Sell it and get your priorities straight, forget about mods.... :beerchug:

Then again, I don't drink, smoke, gamble, or have any other expensive habits besides my toys... :whistle:

I don't feel guilty because it comes out of my "play budget" and not my necessity budget.

I'm all about Dave Ramsey and getting out of debt: Real Debt Help - Get out of debt with Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan - daveramsey.com

I held off for a while and once I got my ducks in a row, it was time to play a little. Now I'm working step 6/7.

If you are leasing everything, charging everything, don't have savings, insurance, etc...etc...LIVING PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK then you can't afford a motorcycle. Sell it and get your priorities straight, forget about mods.... :beerchug:

Then again, I don't drink, smoke, gamble, or have any other expensive habits besides my toys... :whistle:
If you are looking for a recipient of step 7 I'm available:whistle:

Who the hell cares??

If you need to think about it, there is an issue, and you shouldn't be buying any thing except for Diapers at at Walmart!

I don't keep track. I don't spend anything on the bike I can't afford to do without, so I don't think about it b

Buss lets see a pic of you and your bike.

28 posts, some threads, questions but no introduction or pics.

My 'spidey senses' are tingling.

Lets See..

Full exhaust: $1250
Power Commander: $250
BMC Filter: $50
Dyno Tune: $200

Corbyn Seat: $250
Luggage Rack: $150
MRA Vario Screen: $150
Bar Risers: $25
Vista Cruise: $20
Cramp Buster: $15
Soft Grip Covers: $10
Aux Fuel Tank and lines: $300
LED Driving Lights and Controller: $250

Looks to be just about $3000

Then about 6 tires a year - that's another $1500 :laugh:
Oil and other maintenance parts are probably another $250 a year
Gas for a year is prolly about $1500 :laugh:

i think i have close to 30... dollars that is. i've bought levers for mine. the guy who owned it before me put the rims and exhaust on it. actually its 31 dollars i cant forget my cheap-o tank pad. all 31 of those dollar bill were guilt free

Back