Mom of 5 buys 'Busa...

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Good morning! Yep, after waiting for three years, I finally broke and bought a 02. I'm a mom of 5 kid's,all teens,except one who has done a tour of duty in Iraq,I'm just a sneeze away from 50!!,but, heck, what am i gonna do,wait 'till I'm sixty!

I am going to hang onto my 00 CBR 600F4 that has almost 100,000 kms on it that i have had for 3 years,it will be my track/winter bike. I was only able to go for a couple of short rides on the busa before the snows came and can't WAIT for just a bit of clear pavement to take it out.

Am I the cool mom when i drop one of the kid's off at school on the back of my 'busa? I used to take them now and then on the back of the CBR, but the poor thing is getting kinda old and tired ( like it's owner...?)

I was away from riding for almost 16 years because of family demand's, but now I am in big time. ( As you can see from the km's on the Honda) I originally was looking at a busa, but decided to be a little more conservative and wait until the right time came along.

A short list of bikes owned since the 80's
Honda Rebel 250
Virago 1000
Suzuki RG 500 Walter Wolff Edition(Stolen, of course...)
Re-entry bike- 92 Ninja ( I called it my 'drop bike" )
00 CBR 600F4
02 Hayabusa ( yeah,baby,yeah!!!)

I thought of a VFR,because I was racking up so many k's I thought a sport-tourer would make more sense,but my heart and soul cried out for a 'busa,still a sport-tourer in my mind. A wee bit of lowering,handlebar risers, and i'm off!

I'm not very big,5'4 about 120 lbs, I'm a little concerned about the weight,( the bike's ,not mine!well maybe mine too...!) but I will adapt. Just for fun, I want to take it on a track day,just once,just to see,you know..

Anyway, there you go, some women my age look at me horrified and ask " Aren't you afraid?" I'm not really sure what they mean....

You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!:welcome:Welcome aboard, there are tons of members all over the states, Im sure you will have no problem meeting some of the peeps around here, they can giude you on all kinds of things...They ARE cool aren't they:laugh:welcome to the madness darlin' need anything just give a shout:thumbsup:

:welcome: Nothing sweeter than a lady on a Bike.
Welcome to the madness, shout out if you need anything.
Thnak your military serving child thank you for us. And thank You for your support

Suzuki RG 500 Walter Wolff Edition?
100,000 "km"

From those clues me thinks there might be a Canadian connection in there somewhere?

Anyhoo... :welcome:

cheers
ken

Ummm.pics? How about the one from my wrist to elbow that says " I love my motorcycle"? No foolin',it's there,got it 2 years ago. I am in Canada,east,east of Toronto. I ride all winter btw,coldest i rode in was -5,not including the wind chill, of course.

I have a funny story about snowbanks,Tim Horton's drivethrough and my bike though...

:welcome:
If you haven't already seen for yourself, this place is a varied group. We have people (there are several women here) that are knowledgeable on most every facet of riding. Whether you are interested in hitting the track, sporting down to the grocery, or taking that cross-country trip this is the place.

So how about you post up some bike pics and let us see your ride? :whistle:

Ummm.pics? How about the one from my wrist to elbow that says " I love my motorcycle"? No foolin',it's there,got it 2 years ago. I am in Canada,east,east of Toronto. I ride all winter btw,coldest i rode in was -5,not including the wind chill, of course.

I have a funny story about snowbanks,Tim Horton's drivethrough and my bike though...

Sorry,re-reading that does not clarify,it's a tattoo btw. I bought an 02 black/blue,30,000 k,Yosh RS 3 pipes,comes with Corbin seat,passanger seat w backrest,dble ble screen,etched chain gaurd,TRE ( which I removed)and other mod's that I can't remember,and all stock parts.

I have lowering links yet to be installed,oh, new chain,tires,014s,...6800 bucks. I didn't realize that these bikes held thier value so well! The guy wanted 7500. I was so enamoured, ileft my Honda at his place and rode the 'busa home,about 2.5 hour ride.

Back