Molding inside fairing & Centerstand

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
I took the Busa in today to have the dealer install the center-stand that was thrown in with the purchase (I know it's a speed reduction thing - but I can live with that fraction :) ).  I really like the way the bike looks parked at work/other places now - it stands up straight and looks even bigger and more impressive when it's just sitting there.  I got a tank bra too - seems easier to grip the tank with the knees now.  When I pointed out some molding to the mechanic that hangs loose on the backside of the fairing and has plastic screws at each end - he told me they are all like that - just extra & no place to attach.  They didn't have another one there for me to look at - anyone confirm this?  When I get it naked for the first time (myself) I'll trim that off.  Thanks,

What he is likely referring to is the tabs that used to attatch to the rear undercowl or underwing. You see when you mount the stock Suzuki center stand you have to remove the wing. The tabs you are seeing now have nowhere to connect to seeing as the wing is gone. Make sense? You can see the wing in the attached photo of my bike directly in front of the rear tire.

Oh, and I personally would not trim it. I would get what they call a metal repair strip from a hardware store and bolt to that. It is basically a narrow strip of sheet metal with holes drilled in it. You can cut it to length to span the gap between the sides, then bolt the faring tabs to the strip (only about a 2" span). That way you have no lose "ends" dangling and you can allways go back to original with no problems.

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068820643 -->

Mvc_006f.jpg

Why couldn't they design it, or we mod it, with the center stand installed and the wing attached to the stand so they come down together as one piece? That would be trick to have a center stand and the wing!

Thanks EAKbusa I'll check that out when I take it apart.  I might also try to mod the rear wing so it'll still fit and do something.  Probably the same day I get around to using the jigsaw on the rear fender :blush:

Why couldn't they design it, or we mod it, with the center stand installed and the wing attached to the stand so they come down together as one piece? That would be trick to have a center stand and the wing!
Centerstand is wider than the wing so I am not sure how you could mount the wing to the stand without some major trimming. Sounds interesting though. I am sure someone could come up with a way or sorts.

Back