Mods

Learjett

Donating Member
Registered
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg !!!!  I've put so many mods on this bike this winter and now I can't stop!!!  Mirror extenders showed up at my door the other day, today, another something showed up... I ordered HID's yesterday, ordered a relay to keep the lights off while starting..... the UPS man knows me by my first name!!!!

This winter alone I did and electrical fuse box mod, battery charger mod, installed a Roadlok, Scorpio alarm, Muzzy fan, Hindle Gen III, pair block off, HEL lines (all four of 'em), HH pads, engine ice, airbox mod, 16/42 sprockets, EK-ZZZ, Puig DB.  Did the grab bar mod, added a BMC fileter, GIPro, changed the spark plugs, trimmed the tail, PCIIIUSB, throttlemister, and now HIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AM I CRAZY NUTS NUTS NUTS NUTS!!!!!!  .........well, I'm twisted and sick with mods.  Is there any help?
rock.gif
?  
AAAssjani.gif

Well, I gotta go.... The UPS guy just now showed up with my Joe Rocket leathers and I need to order a new YTZ14S for this beast.  .....sigh  
SHOCKED.gif

I say there is an end to the mods. Seriously.

This is what I do when I get a new bike: I take a few pics of my new baby and keep 'em handy. Then I research what's available from the aftermarket. I put a bunch of miles on the bike and keep studying the pics. THEN I decide where the bike is lacking.

Fist up are the comfort mods: Seat, Bars, Grips, Pegs, Windscreen, Etc.
Then the performance mods: Exhaust, Sprockets, Speadohealer, Etc.
Last are the visuals: Powdercoating, Carbon, Graphics, Etc.

I decide what it needs to be "perfect" in my mind. I'm not one for full-on customs. I like my bikes to look like they "should have" from the factory. I do, however, want everything to flow and the colors must follow a scheme. Function is even more important.

My Busa is plenty fast so I didn't add much for performance. I think the stock brakes are fine too. It did need some tweaks, though.

post-6-21516-post_1.jpg

In my opinion, the biggest improvement came from losing the front fender. I know a lot of folks dig that giant pile of ugliness, but not me.

post-49-98081-hayabusa_front_wheel.jpg

Now it's done! (for now - hehe
tounge.gif
)

never ends... just gets delayed until you have the funds to spend again...
all_coholic.gif

I haven't done one mod to my Busa since I bought her with the exception of the making the rear shovel a bit shorter.

100% stock. I am so embarassed. I am just biding my time. I rode it all winter (bought it right before) and now when the nice weather hits I guess I may get the bug?

I just love her as she is. I bought the Busa because I loved everything about it, even the front fender;P

I guess maybe I do that because I ride alone? Since I started riding it has been alone, until the wife now gets up to speed. Then I guess I will be modding hers! lol

once started, like alread said, unless you run out of $$$$$$$$, like me (i never have money), it NEVER ends

well, what you did is really nessary parts, and you didn't do much of the bling parts...(anyway, battery charging stuff and HID relay isn't needed on mine, cuz, my bike was outside ever since brand new...went thru 2 winter, and it starts at once...)
just when you think, nessary mod is over, then just stop...don't start thinkin about bling mods...(thats where the bike starts gettin out of hands...)
beerchug.gif

I've found that getting married and having kid's can slow that down...
wink.gif

I didn't say stop it....
laugh.gif

The reason I bought the Busa is because of the endless amount mods. There's not much you can't change. But it does get expensive.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif