Mods you regret doing..

Haywood

Registered
Just curious if anyone has done any mods that they've regretted doing and why.

So far, I'm quite happy with the limited number of mods I've done but I figure not everyone feels the same about theirs.

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080244751 -->

I'm upset with my forced mod to fix my bike after dropping it in my driveway! That count?!
biggrin.gif

No regrets here...I love my baby...
blush.gif

Corbin seat --- great seat a lot of comfort, but its so wide it maxs out my 30in inseam ...sold the seat

Did not like my undertail, went back to a modified stock undertail.

I think everyone has done something that they ended up not liking. Its all about experimenting until you get just what you want. The beyotch is all the money wasted on things you ended up not liking or things that caused even more money to be spent to "fix" or return the bike ot the way it was. Oh well.

Now mods I would like to do but probably will regret or wish I had not spent the money on?
HID lighting (is that the right name?)
High zoot magnesium wheels (Marvic is calling my name......)
Turbo would be sweet but definately would end up a regret!
Carbon fibre bodywork
Ohlins forks / Brembo brakes
Sato rear sets
Solo seat rear bodywork
LED tail lights/signals

All of this is cool but not necessary and a lot of money and work etc. etc.

Oh who am I kidding, I want all of these things!!!!

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080248024 -->

Well let me see---went through 3 seats, 3 windshields, 2 footrests, now new paint. Nope no regrets!!!!  
tounge.gif

Plus the yosh boltons, lowering link, hump mod (both), fender mod. Probably forgot some......

<!--EDIT|flrider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080253063 -->

did the hump mod....then realized I dont like the look of the bike with the grab bar . So, this weekend when I paint , I'm gonna spray 2 humps, 1 cut, 1 not. One for when I have the little princess on board , one for when she's bin left home to mow the lawn an' shid.

hav a hump free 1.....RSD.

Various Air box Mods. Waste of time for what I was doing. Until I went to NO AIR BOX mod.

Sometimes I regret "modding" my sweet blue/silver '01 for the Annibusa...the 01 was such a sweet bike, and now I gotta spend all this money duplicating the mods on the '03.....but I do really like the orange color on my new bike.

Sean....if you read this....how is the old girl??

did the hump mod....then realized I dont like the look of the bike with the grab bar .   So, this weekend when I paint , I'm gonna spray 2 humps, 1 cut, 1 not.  One for when I have the little princess on board , one for when she's bin left home to mow the lawn an' shid.

hav a hump free 1.....RSD.
So, which of these two humps does yer house mouse sit on. You've got a hump for when she rides, and one for when she don't...
rock.gif

Lockhart windscreen sucked. I even knew this before I ordered, but happen to add it on a large order and not think what I was doin'. I got a ZG now. Although not a total regret, but if I knew more about the BDE III I would'a went w/ it rather than my Akro Evo. Still can't beat the quality. Airscoops sucked, but gotem' as part of a package.

I lowered my bike via dog bones in middle hole. Did the front with reapers risers. I love the way it looks. I like my footing when stoped I'm able to stand up and get my ass off the seat for a minute. Still handles well (not too low). But I will admit she has been bottomed out several times. My BDE header has a flat spot on the header pipe as a result. But It's all good I'll change to a new header pipe if it wears a hole in it. I'm more carefull now about my clearence.
Also after doing the pipe, small air box mod and pair block off I was having a problem with small back fires once in a while. Thought it was the map in my PCIIIr but turned out my idle was too low. I raised it to around 1300 and no more problem. So finally my answer is that I'm very happy with all my mods so far but I hate to waste money and hate even more to do mods that slow this beast down so I take my time and research all my poop before I do it and try to get it right the first time. That is why these boards and the wealth of knowledge here are key !

All of my mods have turned out to my liking. And you guys who are upset with the way your hump mods turned out - I've got a mint hump for sale!
tounge.gif

Back