Mods I Still Want To Do...

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
So, I was sitting here thinking about the mods that I still want to do to my scoots. Here they are (in case anyone is interested):
'01 Busa:
Brembo Clutch Master and heavy duty springs.
'08 Busa:
Brembo calipers (have them, just need to rebuild them and install...)
'07 GSXR 1K:
Ohlins forks/Shock
Steering damper (Ohlins or Scotts)
'10 R1:
Custom Seat Covers
Ohlins Forks/Shock
'15 GROM:
Crash Cage

For the most part, I am VERY happy with my scoots and they all get riding time - which brings me to my next mod that really applies to all of them - comms. I was a huge Autocom fan (I have three or four old units just sitting at home in the garage). I really liked the duplex comms and the compatibility with my phone, music, GPS and transceiver. Only down side is all the wire connections to the helmets. I like the bluetooth comms, but they don't (for the units I have had so far) have the versatility that the wired autocoms do. For bluetooth comms, I have used the Sena and UClear. They are good units, but still not at the level of the autocoms.

Any advice?

The New Scala Stuff is supposed to be awesome, I have had G4 set, and now have a G9x set. They are both basically the same, just a newer version.
Big E might be able to still get deals on them thru his Helmet buddy.
Scala now offers the Scala Packtalk Dou, for rider and passenger. Easily paired to groups, and friends, from what i read.
I had my G9 set bluetooth paired to my Zumo 550, and my Smart phone paired to the Zumo. All was great, i had, GPS, XM radio, FM radio, And Phone, all Un wired.
Also you have a 1/8 audio jack, on the receiver, for a MP3 player.
I have since sold the Zumo, and using mostly my Smartphone, for all, streaming Xm and GPS, and my wired Ipod. Just less to charge!

Thanks John. I may check the scala out then. I need my music, but I hate having to switch back and forth between modes; this was one of the best things about autocom- internal input prioritization.

Ive got the packtalk duo setup. Everything's ran off an app. Downloaded music, fm radio, comms. It's a nice quality system, that works flawlessly.

Ive got the packtalk duo setup. Everything's ran off an app. Downloaded music, fm radio, comms. It's a nice quality system, that works flawlessly.
Thanks, that's two nods for the packtalk. I will check it out.

sena has a module (SMH 10 I think?) that allows you to connect a Kenwood walkie talkie. You can also connect the radar to it. I suppose you could connect the AutoCOm to it too and then the SENA just becomes a wireless helmet connection. I loved the Autocom too but since I switched to SENA I never looked back.

sena has a module (SMH 10 I think?) that allows you to connect a Kenwood walkie talkie. You can also connect the radar to it. I suppose you could connect the AutoCOm to it too and then the SENA just becomes a wireless helmet connection. I loved the Autocom too but since I switched to SENA I never looked back.
I liked the SENA that I have, but when I got a unclear set up, the SENA wouldn't talk to it. So I doubled down on the uclear and got a paired package. The SENA seems like a good unit. Thank you sir for the comments.

Back