Modifying the Stock Busa Exhaust for Better Sound.

Well, me again.  You can modify the cans quite a bit without remapping.  You see, the real "restriction" in the Busa exhaust happens down where the header pipes come together.  Take a look, you will see a "bulge" where the "restrictor" is hiding.

What I did was get a long drill (3/8" I think) and drilled two holes all the way through BOTH baffles.  It made it sounds better.  I would probably have done 4 holes in each one in retrospect.

Alternatively, I have a D&D system for sale on eBay CHEAP!  Search D&D and hayabusa if you are interested.  Those babies have got some sound!

Best Regards,

Doc
Doc:  Is this your item # on ebay? 2403739124.
Yes, it sure is! You should buy it! Yep, it is chrome, the cans are polish aluminum.

What do you think if a slip on was added...  
rock.gif
Man, just buy a full exhaust!  I'm thinking it would probably work with what you're talking about, but all the trouble is not worth it to me.  Just my .02 and it's sometimes worth a million dollars.

Brian
I don't want a aftermarket system...I bought one for my zx9r and it hampered the performance...Said I'ld never buy a full one again...I was just thinking about this...Really not that much trouble/work at all and cost would be minimal...  
rock.gif
Stu:  I was talking with my friend Bob and he said a friend of his with a Busa drilled 7 or 8 holes from the back of each can. I think the diameter of each hole was about 1/4".  Bob said it sounded good too.  
cool.gif

rock.gif

Tommy,

I drilled 8 holes in the middle of the canister and 9 on the back of the canister (under the polished cap), all 1/2". It does sound better. I hope to order my BDE in the next couple of weeks. If you still have the stock cans on when you get here we can pop mine on and you can see what you think. It only takes about 10 min.

Steve

Tommy,

I drilled 8 holes in the middle of the canister and 9 on the back of the canister (under the polished cap), all 1/2".  It does sound better.  I hope to order my BDE in the next couple of weeks.  If you still have the stock cans on when you get here we can pop mine on and you can see what you think.  It only takes about 10 min.

Steve
Sounds good Steve.  Bob told me you might be able to take a day off so we can go for a ride.  Looking forward to my vacation this Summer!

Tom.

Once again remember if you want to save money. Buy pipes from someone who is updgrading. Or buy cans from someone who is upgrading. You will find some good deals like above and more. When I wnet Turbo I sold my HMF ystem (like new) for 1/2 the price. I also sold two Brothrs cans when I went to the HMF for 1/2. everybody was happy.
biggrin.gif

Back