Modified tail light/turnsignals/plate mount pics

hey warpspeed! i just recently installed the fsmd undertail and hugger on mine. im getting it painted as we speak. for all the work it took to fit perfect i almost wish i would have did what you did. i will post some pics asap!

Hell, that's a really nice job. I'm going to attempt to do the same thing.

I just bought a fender eliminator kit from Competition Werkes. They sent me the unpainted version, although I ordered the painted version. In any case, it's a stunning piece of crap and not worth anything near the $165 (unpainted) or the $210 (painted). There's about $15 worth of aluminum in the kit, along with the cheesiest turn signals that Lockhart Phillips sells--the $5 a pair version. The edges of the parts are so sharp you could skin a running buffalo with them.

Unbelieveable trash! And not particularly a good company to do business with apparently, since they can't even fulfill a very simple order (which is good for me since I'm returning it ASAP).

See, now this is why you need to take opinions and weigh them and come up with your own ideas and or opinions. I have also got a Competition Werkes fender eliminator kit with, yes, the cheap-krap Lockhart Phillips directionals, but.... Mine looks unreal!!!! I got the polished stainless steel kit.
From the sound of previous threads on this very site, I am sure that all will agree that there is no such thing as a direct bolt on kit. All require "modifications". Get over it. This is what hot rodding used to be all about. If you don't want to "customize" your bike, don't buy underfender kits as they all require some custom work. I will post photos hopefully this week that should show just how good it looks when installed properly.

Er, excuse me, but the kit is overpriced for the quality of the parts and given that similar results can be gotten with the creative use of a Dremel. I want high quality results, whether that's by modifying or buying an off-the-shelf kit. The C-W kit isn't to my liking because it doesn't meet my standards.

Mambo,

believe I saw post on other site where you can get the "turn signals" at any Buell Dealer for 10 bucks or less.

Back