Modified Seat Local Upholestry Shop

Had my seat done by a local upholstery shop who has done motorcycle seats for me before.
I wanted the seat cut down with a hump to prevent the slide backs when at the dragstrip.

So far I havent put but 120 miles in the saddle so I cant tell you how it will feels. The biggest issue I had with the stock seat was sitting in one postion on long interstate rides 350+ miles. On the twisties I can slide side to side on the seat and on the launches I stay in one place.
I will say this, you better place the boys correctly before you start shifting around in the seat:whistle:

Seat.jpg

SeatII.jpg

Looks great Donn! How much did they charge you for that? Looks like a quality job. I'd like to have my stocker cut down a little so I don't feel like I have to run my fiberglass seat when we go meet up at the "spot"

That looks like it was made very well. You could even add lines to the bike to make it flow to the end but THAT SEAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

$130
They do great work! Quick turn around. I just gave them a picture and said I want my seat to look like this.

Looks great Donn! How much did they charge you for that? Looks like a quality job. I'd like to have my stocker cut down a little so I don't feel like I have to run my fiberglass seat when we go meet up at the "spot"

Well I couldnt take it anymore. The white seat didnt match the white on the bike:banghead: It was my fault I should have taken a body piece with me the morning I went to the upholestry shop, who would have thought there were eleventeen hundreds shades of white :dunno: yes the seat looks good in 2 tone but not in person it just didnt look right to me..... So I had 2 options... either spend another hundred and some dollars and hope the next white choiced matched or buy a 11.00 can of VHT dye black... No brainer here... I must say the VHT vynl dye kicks ass it actually soaks into the vinyl... I would suggest VHT vinyl dye to anyone who wants to color vinyl.. Who knows maybe them ol Sidi black boots may get freshened up..

VHT dye seat.jpg

SeatII.jpg

VHT dye seatII.jpg

Looks better all black. Not sure about the white not matching but it looked to me like the lines didn't match up perfectly. The black line on seat was off a bit from frame line. I like it better this way.

yeah they did screw up the lines. I went to pick up the seat the first time and they didnt cut it down as I wanted so I guess when they cut it down the lines didnt match maybe pulled tighter I dont know,
Next year I will redo a dual color with a white that matches. This years its all black.

Back