Modifications for 200 mph+ LSR run THOUGHTS? ADVICE?

notoriousracing

Registered
Hello all, figured I should make my first post a good one!

I am an experienced rider and track driver of BMW's. I have had a life goal of going 200mph since I could remember. I have finally decided to make this dream become a reality and I need a little advice. Lets please keep this thread clear of anything besides positive thinking.

I plan on attending a 1 mile LSR paved course. Either Mohave or Texas. I want to break 200mph, I am not trying for ultimate speed, 201-205mph is all I want.

So far I have:
2004 Hayabusa
18 tooth front sprocket, stock rear (I read 17t was only good for 201mph +/-)
Small airbox mod with BMC Race filter
Mirror block off plates
Double bubble windscreen
4 into 1 full exhaust
PCIII
Having ECU ignition re-tuned by Frank and top speed limit removed, followed by a proper dyno tune locally

I am wondering if this will be enough for a 6' 250# rider to break 200mph?

I have a pretty good tuck, I have already done 190mph on my last R1.

I have been wondering about strapping the front end, installing lowering links on the rear, and a few other modifications but would prefer to keep the mods minimal and functional.

Any suggestions for tire pressures?

There is a thread on here for somebody on Gen II wanting to go 200. All the same stuff will apply. A stock motored Gen I probably won't get there.
Must have been a bad ass R1 to go 190. What venue/event was that at?

If you've got a good pipe, maybe Frank can install a 20 or 30 dry shot. It will take something. There's a cam and piston mod that will take you to 200 RWHP, gonna need something.

The R1 was on a Garmin GPS. I miss that bike but it was way too wheelie happy!

I have a Leo Vince 4 into 1 with a carbon fiber can.

I was just looking around last night and discovered ECU flashing. Seems like Woolich Racing is the new hot setup? So with this I could remove my Power Commander and have a Dyno tune done for everything right? USB (Denso) v2 - ECU Flashing Tuning and Engine Data

I am not opposed to running a small nitrous shot and race gas if needed to pull 6th gear.

So is it a pretty general consensus I will need 200RWHP to get get over 200mph at my body weight?

I think Frank from Powerhouse is one who will tell you neither can do both.
And that means that ecu flashing can do some but not all and same for the Pc.
Best is both together and a proper dyno tune. No I don't think you need 200rwhp to get there.
High 180-190s yes. And you will have to suck that tummy in to get low enough on the bike to slip on thru. :laugh:

Maybe i'll see you at the Mojave next year (if they do a 1 1/2 mile this time). I have 04 full Ti leo vince you should be good with the gearing but you do need some HP. The 30 shot of dry should get you there . My bike had 204rwhp with the NOS . Since then I bored it to a 1397 and still have the shot , i'm trying to get to the 225mph club.

My 05 with with a suppose to be 40 dry shot...actually put closer to 50 to the wheel got me to 199.0 I was spraying into the bodies instead of fogging into the box

I built it up to a 1441 and had small 20 dry shot and got to 210.8. 217hp on motor

You can see my progress in my signature.
3-11 was stock with a pipe,lowered, on pump gas
10-11 added a 40 dry shot and small bottle
3-12 added an extra bottle due to losing N20 pressure on top end (flattened a piston land)
10-12 1441 motor and 20 shot
3-13 same as above

Hello all, figured I should make my first post a good one!

I am an experienced rider and track driver of BMW's. I have had a life goal of going 200mph since I could remember. I have finally decided to make this dream become a reality and I need a little advice. Lets please keep this thread clear of anything besides positive thinking.

I plan on attending a 1 mile LSR paved course. Either Mohave or Texas. I want to break 200mph, I am not trying for ultimate speed, 201-205mph is all I want.

So far I have:
2004 Hayabusa
18 tooth front sprocket, stock rear (I read 17t was only good for 201mph +/-)
Small airbox mod with BMC Race filter
Mirror block off plates
Double bubble windscreen
4 into 1 full exhaust
PCIII
Having ECU ignition re-tuned by Frank and top speed limit removed, followed by a proper dyno tune locally

I am wondering if this will be enough for a 6' 250# rider to break 200mph?

I have a pretty good tuck, I have already done 190mph on my last R1.

I have been wondering about strapping the front end, installing lowering links on the rear, and a few other modifications but would prefer to keep the mods minimal and functional.

Any suggestions for tire pressures?
Easy answer NO.
you do not even have the power to pull an 18 in the front.for a mile.
If I were you leave the bike with stock gearing with the mods you have and GO TRY IT FIRST. DO NOT GET HUNG UP ON GOING 200MPH.

My 05 with with a suppose to be 40 dry shot...actually put closer to 50 to the wheel got me to 199.0 I was spraying into the bodies instead of fogging into the box

I built it up to a 1441 and had small 20 dry shot and got to 210.8. 217hp on motor

You can see my progress in my signature.
3-11 was stock with a pipe,lowered, on pump gas
10-11 added a 40 dry shot and small bottle
3-12 added an extra bottle due to losing N20 pressure on top end (flattened a piston land)
10-12 1441 motor and 20 shot
3-13 same as above

So looks like you got to 199mph with the 40 shot once the bottle was sorted? What were the specifics of your setup? Were you using race gas?

I am looking into a 40shot with a spray bar and race gas. That should do it for me right?

A quick teaser

[video=youtube_share;OsywmEV-eAI]http://youtu.be/OsywmEV-eAI[/video]

No GPS on this run, I was at 10,500 rpm when I let off in 6th gear. 1 tooth down on front, stock rear, 190/50 rear tire. Any idea how fast that was?

I run a lower gearing for the twisties, I will swap in the big front sprocket when I go to an event :)

Maybe i'll see you at the Mojave next year (if they do a 1 1/2 mile this time). I have 04 full Ti leo vince you should be good with the gearing but you do need some HP. The 30 shot of dry should get you there . My bike had 204rwhp with the NOS . Since then I bored it to a 1397 and still have the shot , i'm trying to get to the 225mph club.

Nice!

Yea it looks like Mohave is my best bet, Texas is way too far!

Do you think the 30 shot is good enough or will I need a 40? I want to keep engine stress to a minimum, just enough to break 202-205ish

Back