Modded my Hump

BlueHaya

I'm outta here!!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I went ahead today, after changing my spark plugs, and modded my hump.

Now I need to do something about that black grab bar.

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

nice work, I have not decided to do mine.
Don't want to screw it up

I just taped the area off with masking tape and set it on there to kind of see where it hits and marked it within the hit areas. Then I dremmeled the marked area little by little.

Seem that it was tightest on the corners of the grab bar the most, so watch those areas if you do yours instead of continuing to cut the whole area to avoid a big gap.

It was less stressful than when i did my frame sliders on my old fairings...that was nerve racking.

Not sure about the 08 hump if there is anything that may hit also, but all I had to cut on my 06 was just the outer plastic shell.:thumbsup:

Nice! The 08 hump is more cut intensive because you actually have to cut the interior piece of it. Not hard, but requires more time.

That looks good Rodney. What are thinking about doing to the grab bar?

I went ahead today, after changing my spark plugs, and modded my hump. QUOTE]

hw u modded ur hump?

I just taped the area off with masking tape and set it on there to kind of see where it hits and marked it within the hit areas. Then I dremmeled the marked area little by little.

Seem that it was tightest on the corners of the grab bar the most, so watch those areas if you do yours instead of continuing to cut the whole area to avoid a big gap.

Nice work but I never really understood the point of having the grab bar on the bike with the hump.unless your wanting to ski behind it.

Nice work but I never really understood the point of having the grab bar on the bike with the hump.unless your wanting to ski behind it.

I switch back and forth between my seat and hump alot AND I LOVE the grab bar being there when I put it on the rear stand (which is everytime I park it at home)

I switch back and forth between my seat and hump alot AND I LOVE the grab bar being there when I put it on the rear stand (which is everytime I park it at home)

i c....coz i totally removed my grab bar since im using my hump most of the

time :thumbsup:

Back