MLK Holiday Ride with pics

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
What a great day to ride. Holiday for me, wife's at work, and kids spent the day with their cousins. Rode from 9:30am until almost 4:00pm. Here are some pics.
4286067828_68b05a0cb7_b.jpg

4285332881_5eb88028b8_b.jpg

4286070934_99b245c78a_b.jpg

4286077152_175357a6a2_b.jpg

4285338557_d9238c8203_b.jpg

4286277813_d7a2b930ed_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky. We have about 20 inches of snow on the ground and 2 inches of sand and salt on the roads. Not to mention the 20 to 33 degree weather.

Glad to hear you got out, Jesse! What's the temp over there these days? Sure looks chilly!

Glad to hear you got out, Jesse! What's the temp over there these days? Sure looks chilly!

Thanks, Scar. It was in the 40's this morning. I was wearing my heated jacket liner but not the heated gloves. It was set to medium all day. I was so excited to be able to ride all day that I didn't even think about eating lunch. Had breakfast at 6:30 and didn't eat until I got home.:laugh:

That's great Jesse! From the looks of the pics....you got yourself out there a ways huh? Love the true country side in the Tri-State area at this time of the year. Can be very pretty.

How are your muscles today? hehe After not having rode for long persiods like that for some time , my azz and some other muscles always feel it the next day :laugh:

Glad to see you got out

That's great Jesse! From the looks of the pics....you got yourself out there a ways huh? Love the true country side in the Tri-State area at this time of the year. Can be very pretty.

How are your muscles today? hehe After not having rode for long persiods like that for some time , my azz and some other muscles always feel it the next day :laugh:

Glad to see you got out

Thanks, Bro. I really enjoyed the first long ride of the year especially after all that rain that we got yesterday. Really helped a lot washing all that salt on the roads.

Muscles are fine.:laugh: Thanks for asking. I stay in shape by going to the gym and do the spinning class. I'm sure you guys know that cycling is a great way to stay in shape. I know a lot of professional racers do cycling to stay in shape.
You know, those bikes use a much smaller seats than my Corbin.:rofl: I can ride 60+ miles on my road bike. By the way, I have a Trek 5500 all carbon road bike. I just don't ride it that much anymore ever since I started riding a motorcycle. I just go to the gym with my wife. She loves to do the spinning class, too. We go like 3-4 times a week. Today, we did two 45 minute classes.

Long distance riding doesn't bother me at all. I've ridden almost 16 hours a couple of times before even on my R1 and still smiling at the end of the day. It really pays to go to the gym on a regular basis.:beerchug:
This is the longest ride I've ever done on the Busa. Took me more than 15 hours to do it.
2702021929_f6f45e4c77.jpg

Back