Mistress or Divorce

hionbusa

Registered
I know this topic has been coming up a lot lately .
I ve been thinking about getting a k6 gsxr 1000 for about a month now. The bug is getting bigger and bigger

I really like the busa but for the type of riding I do :
week end canyon and maybe some track in the future .
I think the gsxr would be perfect fit .

I know some of you have both bike.
What made you keep the busa ?

Money no issue here , I just dont like to hang on to things if I m not going to use them .
My wife does ride with me occasionally for 30 minutes.
She said unless its a goldwing, crotch rockets are all the same. ;)

Do what makes you happy...
Get them both and if money is still no object buy a used 'Wing to haul your wife around asleep and cozy in the back lounge... Uhm I meant on the back seat...

one of each,the busa handles pretty good with a good set of tires and some suspension work,the Gix handles very well but the riding position and seat suck! Kind of a trade off I guess.

i have to agree with them, why get rid of the busa if money is no issue? just grab yourself a 1000 and hop on whichever one you feel like taking in the morning

As soon as my 06 busa is paid up,I'm getting a GSXR1000...
But my Busa ain't going anywhere!!

Or if money is no object use some of it to take about 50 pounds off of the Busa and upgrade it's brakes and suspension. See the posts about Ronin and Thor in the Modifications forum. That is what GPW did for me and I am extremely happy!!

get both
bowdown.gif
and a goldwing for the wife

I have a Busa and my wife has a Gixxer 1K.  She isn't riding the Busa (yet) so I don't jump on the Gixxer very often.  When I do, it's NOTABLE different.  (Let your wife know!)  

I'm a tall guy with a big buddha belly.  Well, not as big as Rich's but you get the idea!
poke.gif
It's just a little cramped for me. I'm sure I could ride it through the twisties for a couple hours but beyond that? I dunno. My wife rode it from CA to NM and it went very well for her. No worse off than I was, it seems.

Very nice, slings into position very easily, almost like riding a bicycle. It doesn't have anywhere near the torque the Busa does which makes a difference when a bike is hauling my fat a$$ around. When I ride, my wife says it looks like a monkey humping a football!

Well, lotsa words there without saying much. Story of my life!

Keep the Busa. You're always going to want that rush now and then.

--Wag--

I rode a buddy's gsxrk5 for a couple hours and i find it scarier than the busa.Light as hell and the bike WANTS to wheelie all the time whenever you get on the gas hard.My first bike was the busa which i have had in jan06.Lookswise i admit the gsxr is sexier but its a track bike while the busa is a street bike

I was in the same boat as hionbusa, "big itch" for a 1000. Found a deal on one out of the blue and it was close by so I jumped on it. To be honest, I'd prefer to just keep the gixxer but I have so much money into my busa (time, dollars, emotion) that I decided to keep her too. I mostly agree with everyone here about the differences but I might add the following:

1) Gixxer only loses out below 4k to the busa; above that it's quite the beast.
2) Depending on your size, comfort is relative. I'm 5'10", 175 and the only thing about the gixxer I find uncomfortable is the lack of legroom (sitting further back on the seat helps though).
3) There really is no comparison when it comes to handling; the gixxer just plain rocks. It's the perfect track bike.

-PR

I'm changing my mind here. Boot the wife to the curb, buy the Gixxer and get a mistress. You'll save a LOT of money!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I vote for BOTH! Busa for the longer rides and playing. 1K for play,play, play. Plus even 30min. on the back of the 1K she may decide they are not all the same. I bet she will want to get back on the Bus.

(Wag @ Oct. 05 2006,16:30) I'm changing my mind here.  Boot the wife to the curb, buy the Gixxer and get a mistress.  You'll save a LOT of money!  

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--
argue.gif

biggrin.gif
yeah no kidding huh ?

Thanks for you guys input .

I think i m going to get the gsxr 1k and keep the busa at the same time for a while (unless I get a great offer on it now) .
Then but spring time , if I feel its useless to keep the busa, I will sell it .

I  would rather use that $8k or $7k of the busa to help out a cousin go to college if you know what I mean.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(hionbusa @ Oct. 05 2006,18:24) I  would rather use that $8k or $7k of the busa to help out a cousin go to college if you know what I mean.
While you are at it dont forget to give this board a lil donation? Its free and someone has to keep it running so lets bring that wallet out
super.gif

Back