Missed shift into 6th, and then grind....

TurboSN95

Registered
Has anyone had this happen to them?  Once in a while, when I'm in 5th on the highway and I go to 6th, it will miss and be basically in neutral.  I'll shift into 6th again, and with the clutch pulled in it'll grind a little bit.  Then I have to be careful when letting out the clutch, so it doesn't skid.  

Could it be that my clutch isn't adjusted 100%
rock.gif

I have had that same problem at times. Especially when the bike was newer. I was told by SEVERAL members..."Shift like you mean it!" The problem went away after that. Sometimes returns if I have a lazy shift. So pretty much it is a normal problem for the bike.

Agreed... Shift it like you mean it, and you will not see it again. Unless your shift gets weak again.

That was all it took to get rid of the same issue with my bike.

I had the same thing from 1st to 2nd a couple of times. I was told I was shifting like a wuss and , as mentioned above, told to shift like I mean it.

Seems to have fixed it.
beerchug.gif

Keep an eye on it in case it is more than that.

Yep, I get it too. Seems to happen most when I'm speed shifting. I never get the grinding sound though--I just punch it into 6 and it stays.

I'll definitely have to do this... And I can guarantee that I was NOT shifting hard (enough) into 6th.  Ever since I ruined the synchros on my Mustang from shifting into 5th (overdrive) too hard, I've always taken it easy whenever going into the overdrive gear on any machine.  

Thanks for the tips guys, shouldn't be a problem....  "Ride it like you stole it" is one of my favorites and that seems like the proper saying in this case.  
beerchug.gif

It's a typical break-in issue with the Busa. False neutrals from 4-5 and 5-6. The problem should go away at about 1,000 miles; mine stopped at 900 miles.

I had the same problem as well... did like they said above... shift it like you mean it... but it never went away even after 4 or 5000 miles. At the 5000 mile mark i put in semi synth oil and havent had the problem since... i noticed that the tranny shifts like butter with the semi synth oil in it...

I had the same problem stated above the fix was shifting better on my part and now 2500 miles later no issue

Back