Missed REMBERANCE DAY with you folk

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
South of my border you call it Veterans Day. (insert salute here)
My Dad was 38 years in. PPCLI Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry.Served in WWII and Korea.
Oldest Canadian to get parachute wings(2 year stint in the Airbourne). Almost 40 years old but kickin' some 18 year old butt.
Medals from France,Germany,Italy,Holland,etc..all the nasty places at the time.
Wish I went with this window decal...

IMG_0266.JPG

The decal you did go with is far better....

Sadly we are losing all the vets who remember being in war, hopefully they aren't forgotten.

I`d love to here your favorite Vet stories. Yer Dad,brother,sister,grand father etc etc.

Hit me with ,

RSD.

I`d love to here your favorite Vet stories. Yer Dad,brother,sister,grand father etc etc.

Hit me with ,

RSD.

My grandfather was an Artillery officer, died in Ortona Italy Dec 17 1943, My dad was an armoured soldier, he served 10 yrs then went on to be an Ambulance Attendant (before Paramedics were around). He passed in 2005. My uncle was a Transport NCO and did over 30 yrs, both his sons are serving, my cousin was a grunt in Viet Nam, he lives in Michigan. My other cousin was a fighter pilot, she retired a few years ago.

I did 32 yrs (army) retired in 2016, my wife served 5 yrs in the '90s and both my sons are serving now...

I guess serving in uniform runs in our blood

Back