mispent youth

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I wasnt always into ..."The world's Fastest production vehicle".... back in the dark times....we had to build something cool...back in the 80's.....I used to start out with something completely stock . In this case a 1981 XV 750 Virago .

bike_1a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
at this point I had changed the sigs , the pipes , the bars

bike_2a.jpg

then tires (yokohama's were the cruizer choice back then)custom seat ( I made it) harley battery box , new pipes(staggered duels) flat bars on my home made rizers , forward controls ( on this 1 I used chain from the peg to the actuater arm...hee hee hee ) , chrome everything , how do u like them tassle's YUK .

bike_3a.jpg

then a different tank , a diff front fender , I chopped up a harley sport bob rear to fit , home made rear pillion , tear drop tool box , Zepplin turn sigs , stuffed all the electrics into the air box , turned the air pipes out from the air box an' put on some k&n's, re-jetted , chrome specialties guages,etc etc etc, then I painted this one a real eye catchin DONNY OSMOND PURPLE , or so it was named by my buds ( that paint lasted about a week b4 I re-painted it )

bike_4a.jpg

then I added the very cool , very much wanted , Andy's custom bike TRADEMARK . TM . lol . The IRON CROSS TAILIGHT . ha ha ha . too funny . O ya...this one I painted a more conservative Patriot Blue .

bike_5a.jpg

AND BEFORE THAT....I MESSED AROUND WITH CARS....I THOUGHT THEY WERE SAFER......OOPS....NOT SO....
Here's a lil '71 Vega I built .Ripped out that shotty 4 cylinder(what were they thinkin') hee hee hee,dropped a '69 chevy truck 307 under the hood , big holly dubl pumper , big lumpy cam , corvette 194 hi-comp heads , hedman headers , accel hot ignition , k&n sittin on top, yadda yadda yadda , monza front suspension (notice the 4 bolt pattern on the front) , a big ford 9 inch out back , out of a van , I think I put 3:55's in it (notice the 5 bolt pattern) , cool buckets , awesome interior , yadda yadda yadda . IT TOOK ME 6 MONTHS TO GET IT ALL TOGETHER.......3 DAYS TO ROLL IT . Ha ha ha ha....ahh...to be young again.....Went thru a steel guard rail/steel cable combination . The posts were sunk in concrete . I took one on the rear pass side quarter panel , one on the pass side door , and one on the front right . All of this gaurd rail smashing of course took place as I was sliding down the sidewalk on the roof . WAHOOOOO. Remember boys an' girls.....SPEED KILL'S , THE ONLY PROBLEM...SO DOES BOREDOM " . Have a good 1 people .

vega.jpg

Back