Misc. pics from bicycle tour of Colorado

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Back home now and finally transferred pics to my computer. Notice the snowpack in relation to the below car in the pic.
I was about TEN FEET away from the Elk.
Also, look at the skier behind me at A Basin!
The rest of em speak for themselves. Doyle

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0687.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

Good stuff. Some great pictures, i'm happy you were able to experience the entire thing.

When you coming back on the Busa?

It's God's country out here for sure...looks like a great time. :beerchug:

Hey Doyle, that looks like it was a great time, because of my bypass surgery and diabeties, i have to start exercising and i want to get back to riding a bicycle like i use to 20 years ago. here is a pic of what i want

trek1.5.jpg

Good stuff. Some great pictures, i'm happy you were able to experience the entire thing.

When you coming back on the Busa?

Good question...I'm coming back in about 10 days to my place in Pagosa Springs (gotta get a renter out of my river cabin) but I'll only be bringing my road and mountain bicycles...gotta play a little! THEN I have to rush back to Reno for the STAMPEDE...it includes a track day this year so it'll be really fun. When I bring the Busa I'll sure let you know. Doyle

Hey Doyle, that looks like it was a great time, because of my bypass surgery and diabeties, i have to start exercising and i want to get back to riding a bicycle like i use to 20 years ago. here is a pic of what i want

Great choice of sports for "bringin your body back". Just remember you don't become Lance Armstrong in a couple of months....I started 2 years ago at 268 pounds, I weigh 206 right now and it's all because of bicycles. I originally thought 210 would be fine but now I'm shooting for 185! BTW the pre diabetes signs on my blood panel have dissappeared! Cholest. is at 164 too.
Also, nice choice for a bike! Doyle

Extreme share, that's the largest pool I've ever seen at a resort :laugh: How did you do on the mountain ? You had mentioned you were a little worried and you're obviously not as young nor skinny as some of those other riders, you're built more like a full back than a Lance Armstrong :poke:

one more BTW, the pics do not show how steep it all was!

Why is it you young folks always have to climb all over public signs?
:laugh:

Beautiful pics Doyle. Congrats on your achievement.
The pic of all those tents looks like a refugee camp.

Extreme share, that's the largest pool I've ever seen at a resort :laugh: How did you do on the mountain ? You had mentioned you were a little worried and you're obviously not as young nor skinny as some of those other riders, you're built more like a full back than a Lance Armstrong :poke:

You're right Robert, it doesn't matter how good a shape I'm in, I still weigh 205 and most of the other folks are freeking 165! I always say, "pick up a 40 pound dumbell and that's the extra ballast I carry around. Anyways, I did pretty darn good in the mountains, mostly because I've put in so many miles before the Colorado Tour (140 miles weekly for the year prior). Also, I ride with people way younger and racers so the bar has always been high for me if I want to keep up!
My mission is now to get down to 185, don't know if I can do it as long as there are chocolate chip cookies and ice cream in the world. Doyle

Wow great pics and GREAT job!!!!

I had to chuckle at the pic with all the bikes laying on the ground. I had a flash back of my mom and dad yelling at me and my sister for letting our bikes lay on the ground. My mom is visiting with me this week, I think I might show her that pic and see what she says!! :laugh:

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Wow great pics and GREAT job!!!!

I had to chuckle at the pic with all the bikes laying on the ground. I had a flash back of my mom and dad yelling at me and my sister for letting our bikes lay on the ground. My mom is visiting with me this week, I think I might show her that pic and see what she says!! :laugh:

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

And the funny thing is that they are all $3000 to $10000 bikes!

Back