Misc. pics from bicycle tour of Colorado

You're right Robert, it doesn't matter how good a shape I'm in, I still weigh 205 and most of the other folks are freeking 165! I always say, "pick up a 40 pound dumbell and that's the extra ballast I carry around. Anyways, I did pretty darn good in the mountains, mostly because I've put in so many miles before the Colorado Tour (140 miles weekly for the year prior). Also, I ride with people way younger and racers so the bar has always been high for me if I want to keep up!
My mission is now to get down to 185, don't know if I can do it as long as there are chocolate chip cookies and ice cream in the world. Doyle

Best of luck brother. I think you're just fine. The problem with you and me is genetic. You have quarter horses, and work horses :laugh:

Great share, glad you had fun.

I didnt know I was diabetic, the doctor informed me while i was on the table having the
dye thing done, He told me I was most likely diabetic and that I had been for a long time, it caused my blood vessels around my heart to be to small for a 6'2, 276 pound guy, he told me he would have to put 10 stints in me and that he couldnt do that to anybody, so I got 6 bypasses done, March 22nd, Im now back to work last wensday, im eating right,taking my insulin shots and im now 50 pounds lighter

I didnt know I was diabetic, the doctor informed me while i was on the table having the
dye thing done, He told me I was most likely diabetic and that I had been for a long time, it caused my blood vessels around my heart to be to small for a 6'2, 276 pound guy, he told me he would have to put 10 stints in me and that he couldnt do that to anybody, so I got 6 bypasses done, March 22nd, Im now back to work last wensday, im eating right,taking my insulin shots and im now 50 pounds lighter

Fantastic, just remember to add increasing amounts of aerobic exercise to your life. Nothing changes your blood chemistry as profoundly as puting exercise demands on your body as PART OF YOUR LIFESTYLE.

Doyle, was that the Animas River? I'm not familiar with Loveland pass, but I've been over coal bank riding my bicycle. I enjoy the route from Durango to Silverton....awesome mountain passes, and always a deer or elk to keep your mind off the self inflicted pain! :laugh:

Trying not to thread Jack but at one time I was 160 pounds. Thyroid Issues and I got big. Doctor says the least I could ever weigh now is about 200-220 pounds. Diet and excercise. Good pics Mr.Doyle and thanks for the inspiration you give all of us to live life to the fullest :thumbsup:

Back