MIS Professionals

well...after putting in monster hours early in my IT career, I'm happy to say that I work 8:30 -3:00 Mon - Thursday and 8:30 to noon on Fridays....hehehheheheh
that's just not right..

do you really have to rub that in. were all trying to complain about hours.bragger.
sad.gif

I'm an IS manager for the outsourcing arm of Accenture...My hours are 9-5 (on the books) usually a little longer but no weekends and I'm not on call...nyah nyah!

not mis,but traffic manager for wholesale company
5am to 6/7 pm week days
on call 24/7
trucks scattered all over u.s.

Darkeyce Posted on Dec. 13 2002,3:36
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm an IS manager for the outsourcing arm of Accenture...My hours are 9-5 (on the books) usually a little longer but no weekends and I'm not on call...nyah nyah!
[/QUOTE]

Brag, brag, brag.   Here's a big raspberry for ya!

40__s.gif

Wow you poor guys I am an IS manager for the Federal Government cushy hours now 7:00 am to 3:30 pm . Nice for rides in the afternoon on my Busa . I worked for a small company here in Maine started from the ground up . Building new computers, then upgrades then harware trouble shooting then software trouble shooting . I got my break when the head networking guy and I became friends he took me under his wing I out myself through school for Windows 2000 Server and Pro Network infrastructure and Network troubleshooting etc. When he left the company I took over all of his accounts . We delt alot with schools insurance companies and bigger businesses . Now I have a network with a nationwide WAN and 86 users in my building . I liked my other job better there where alot of different computers OS's and people now there all the same . Cushy but sometimes boring ..

Not directly in IS, but my job does involve a lot of computer work. I'm a Laboratory Supervisor for ConocoPhillips. It's still hard to say the "P" word ever since the merger. I work straight days (5a.m. til 5p.m.). It's a rotating shift where I work only one weekend and have a 7-day off period once a month. HOW YA LIKE ME NOW?
rock.gif

Brian

Starting today I'm working 10 days in a row 7pm-4am. In the last 18 years I've had 3 New Year's eves off and 3 Christmas eves. Know what it's like to have to leave the Christmas party at 6:30pm?!

I work on computers too...I work on an Excel spreadsheet to enter the numbers from the press runs, and on Word to make the job assignments. Does that count? hehe. The guy that put in our Press controls was amazing, three different types of presses and three different languages to program. He had to convert the analog to digital and then back again.

Back