mirror removal

b4thenite

Donating Member
Registered
Trying to remove the front fairing to remove front folks. While trying to remove mirrors, I stripped 3 screws out of 4. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you stripe the threads or just the heads of the bolts.

If it's the heads, use a 12 point socket that is a little smaller than the bolt head and bang it on, use SAE size if it fits better. Or use vise grips, might want to tap the bolt head while applying torque to get it loose.

Then when you get them out replace them. (wait until you do the brake calipers)

Good suggestions. Thank you. I do have to get to frront calipers...... oh man....
Posted via Mobile Device

You know? There are bolts on a Busa that just dont want to come off easily. This is the 1st I ever heard of these being a PITA... good luck.:beerchug:

Front brake calipers, I recommend a 6 point 12mm socket. Again, you may want to apply a little tap (impact) to assist in the removal process. Once you accompolish those bolts, the only ones you really get to look forward to would be the brake rotor bolts, but that should be a little while until you need to replace those...

Front brake calipers, I recommend a 6 point 12mm socket. Again, you may want to apply a little tap (impact) to assist in the removal process. Once you accompolish those bolts, the only ones you really get to look forward to would be the brake rotor bolts, but that should be a little while until you need to replace those...

What is it with you guys and brake calliper bolts? Mine weren't any trouble. They don't have THAT much torque on them. How many miles did you have when removing them?

Also using a quality tool makes a difference, I use Snap-ON and Mac, I've never had a problem removing bolts and nuts.

You guys are right. I learned it's not bolts. It's the a###### who's working on it. from now on never use cheap tools. Thank you all.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back