Mirror extenders

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Wanting to put 1" Delrin mirror extenders on my bike but don't know where to place the stock rubber 'gasket' that's glued to the back of the mirror mount. Should they go between the new extender and the bodywork or leave them on the mirrors and place them between the mirror and the extender? I assume they're (mostly) meant to reduce vibes but in looking at the fragile bodywork around the bolt holes, I'm wondering if maybe they should go between the bodywork and the extender. Whaddyathink?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??

rock.gif

Uh, I've never seen that rubber gasket come off of the mirror. I didn't know that you could take it off with out damaging it...

I didnt use the gasket on mine.

No issues.

Post pics when they are done.
lurk.gif

The rubber peels right off but it seems to make more sense to me to keep a somewhat flexible cushion, if you will, between the extender block and the plastic. I was even thinking of cutting some regular gasket material to replace the rubber between the mirror and the extender, sort of a buffer. Wouldn't hurt I guess.

Just curious, but with the extenders do your rubber boots on the mirror arms stil come all the way to the plastics or does it stop where it meets the extender?

Anyone have any pics of them installed? I'm really thinking of getting some.
smile.gif

They fit like they did w/o extenders. Only come up to the edge of the extender block but it still looks good.

(redliner100 @ Sep. 27 2006,03:48) can someone suggest a source for the mirror extensions?
I've been looking for them with no luck. thanks
e-bay 30$ tyd

Back