Minor Backfiring & Other Stuff

hi guys im new on thje board, was reading through and i have the same problem as halfhourearly, all stock pipes etc... 5000 miles on the busa and backfiring like hell.  how can i remove the PAIR VALVE?  any idea, can i do it myself?  replace it with something else?  
thank u all.
cheers,
you can do it yourself.

email racingreaper@hotmail.com to order the block-off plates, and it will come with instructions.

Lark

I got the instructions from a site that seems to be down right now but here's a link to another site that seems good.

http://www.wardsweb.org/busa/hayabusa_mods_pairvalve.html

I cut off the hose to the airbox hose to about 1 inch, then removed it, filled one end with gasket-maker and reinstalled it when it was set up (basically I just made a plug). For the small hose i did the same thing and put a bolt in with the gasket-maker goop. I went to a machine shop and got a small piece of 3/16th aluminum plate for the block-offs. I used a very thin film of gasket maker on the plates and then hand-tightened them snug (not too tight or the goop will squirt out, and possibly in) then tighten it all the way once it set up. I have had no problems but the thought of a peice of that gasket going insde still makes me nervous so I would justs buying gaskets or gasket material for that part.

Hope this helps.

Back