Mini MeetnGreet in Eureka Springs today!

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Was pleasantly surprised to get the following PM a couple of weeks ago from skotty, a board brother I had not as yet had the pleasure of meeting-

Hello Shibumi,

I am Santosh and have been on the board since June 07. I saw in your avtar that you are in the Ozarks region.

I am planning to ride to Clarksville, AR at the end of this month to meet up with some friends from Dallas. I was just wondering if you knew some good routes in that area. The roads in Kansas are not very inspiring and I have been dying to ride some twisties. I have heard great things about the roads in Arkansas and was hoping you could give me some info on some of your favorite routes. I'd appreciate any info from you.

Thanks,

Santosh

I'm always happy to show off the roads we are blessed with in our little corner of Heaven, so quickly rounded up some Mapquest info to get him around the area, and hopefully to get a chance to meet up while he was in the neighborhood.

Got a PM yesterday and a cell phone number, called him today and Don (USN05LE) and I rode over the 35 miles to meet him in Eureka Springs and went for a great ride! Weather was just a PLEASURE, mid-70's and sunny. Here's a pic of the lad, ladies I think he's single...

DSC05608Medium.jpg

This was taken at Roaring River State Park on the Missouri side, at a fish hatchery where they raise Rainbow trout, we saw them from finger length to some that would go 20-30 pounds. Any fishermen in the group?
smile.gif

Santosh will have to post up, he took all the fish pictures.

Hwy112.jpg

This is the area where we rode to the hatchery, Hwy 112 is a LOVELY road if you like running 65-75 in 35MPH rated curves. Big props to skotty, we're the locals and he stayed with us on pure faith without KNOWING what was around the next corner, or over the next hill like WE knew!!
You should have seen his face when he pulled the helmet off after stopping from that section, it was truly priceless to see the grin on his face- I think it would have taken a backhoe to scrape THAT one off!
laugh.gif
I don't remember exactly what he said, he was sorta incoherent, something about g-forces and such...
biggrin.gif

He will have to continue the narrative as to his impressions
of the ride, for Don and I, it was a distinct pleasure to meet you Santosh, welcome again to the board and to our corner of the state and we look forward to seeing you back as soon as possible!

Hwy62.jpg

DSC05606Medium.jpg

DSC05603Medium.jpg

DSC05600Medium.jpg

DSC05593Medium.jpg

DSC05594Medium.jpg

Rev I do see what you are saying as far as being backwards. When I laid the tat out that is the way that if fits the best, with the rest of the work.

Don

super.gif

ok we have one with high mounts, one with mids, and the other looks like a single, cant tell?

i was just messin' with ya on the tat. funny thing i was fiending for ink today but my guy is in cali for a week
mad.gif

I made it back last night at around 10:30. Heard it was gonna rain on Sunday. I am so glad you called when you did, I was just about to give up and return back home. It was a great pleasure meeting you guys too. It was a bugfest on the way back home.

This trip was a testament to the brotherhood of the org. I always know that in some corner of this planet, I will find a fellow busa brother I can rely on
beerchug.gif

Oh Lucas and Don, your bikes have great mods
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
I have a lot of work to do.

Pics will follow in a bit
smile.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

On the way to Mountain View AR

CIMG0862.jpg

On the way to Eureka Springs

CIMG0866.jpg

Love this logo on your mirror Lucas
smile.gif

CIMG0875.jpg

Lucas n Don, very glad to meet you guys.

CIMG0880.jpg

Some of these suckers were huge!

CIMG0892.jpg

Pigeon flying into the mouth of the cave

CIMG0906.jpg

View from the bottom

CIMG0907.jpg

This cave has an area that you can only get to underwater.

CIMG0908.jpg

School of fish

CIMG0913.jpg

Back